Another attempt at Macro Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying out some macro... I'm having problems focusing due to wind :embrass: , how you guys overcome it?? Pls advise, thanks!! ;)

Dragonfly_1.jpg

Dragonfly_2.jpg

Dragonfly_3.jpg

Day_Flying_moth_1.jpg

Nice wat :thumbsup: Is it me or is the picture abit yellowish? and some are underexposed?

madcat.. we usually wait till the wind subside then we shoot :p

Madcat II said:
Trying out some macro... I'm having problems focusing due to wind :embrass: , how you guys overcome it?? Pls advise, thanks!! ;)

Dragonfly_1.jpg

QUOTE]

Like your first photo. What is the aperture for that? Will it be better if the dof is deeper so as to get the wings in focus too.

Nice piece of work.
Cheers

Yo Jason! Switch subjects liao ar? From birds to macro? :blah: :bsmilie:

Good attempts you got there, I like the first one and the last one (the mating moths). As simonsng had mentioned, no choice but to wait for the wind to stop blowing before attempting the shot.

Ha ha, I use to do Macro with my G2, but have been spending most of my time on birds... however, me not good at both... :embrass:

Garion said:
Yo Jason! Switch subjects liao ar? From birds to macro? :blah: :bsmilie:

Good attempts you got there, I like the first one and the last one (the mating moths). As simonsng had mentioned, no choice but to wait for the wind to stop blowing before attempting the shot.

Wait or anticipate the problems. Patience is the key to successful Photography.

Cheers
Abdul

sigma 105mm f/2.8?
jus curious, its possible to get closer to the dragonfly right? like get a portrait of its face, full frame?

i see, from the reviews the magnification is 1:1, does that mean the size of a 10 cent coin will be the same size on the film?

ziedrich said:
i see, from the reviews the magnification is 1:1, does that mean the size of a 10 cent coin will be the same size on the film?

1:1 means getting the actual size of the subject onto the 35mm film (correct me if I;m wrong ;P)

Status
Not open for further replies.