another Ang Mo vs Local

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreaming

Oct 22, 2006
[video=youtube;3s5gUNFfSs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s5gUNFfSs4[/video] enjoy :sweat:

Back in my school days, people got into trouble(killed) just by staring. Its like they can give you the finger with their stares. Now, people give you the finger with their blinkers.

Yeah, that's when having a camera can be a well placed kick back into the driver's face: revealing the obvious lack of basic etiquette and mental capabilities when driving.
All in-cameras should show the plate number as well :)

Cannot figure out who did what wrong and what was it all about.
Video does not have entertaining 5 channel surround sound audio track dubbed onto it.

Singaporeans are timid and too civilised.

I already remarked previously that if it is in Taliban controlled area of Afghanistan, the Caucasian driver would not dare to kick and bang the door of the other car.

How nice if he tried that in Thailand, where some drivers have a loaded gun in their glove compartment.

Time for the driver to upgrade his in car camera. Not very clear and video quite jerky.

Seems to have started because the other driver tried to turn into the lane and near accident. The in-car camera only faces forward, there was a period of time after where the camera owner seems to be neck-to-neck with that driver before going behind him. Hard to tell what went on there. It's a pretty one-sided story to me right now. For all you know, the camera owner was horning nonstop and giving funny gestures.

The person recording the video was tailgating, speeding and overtaking from the wrong lane. Typical roadhog poor driving. Only some idiots are trying to turn it into a racist issue just because the ang moh didn't put up with his nonsense.

Back in my school days, people got into trouble(killed) just by staring. Its like they can give you the finger with their stares. Now, people give you the finger with their blinkers.

my classmate was beaten to death for staring....he was 16 yrs old then......

The person recording the video was tailgating, speeding and overtaking from the wrong lane. Typical roadhog poor driving. Only some idiots are trying to turn it into a racist issue just because the ang moh didn't put up with his nonsense.

a lady driver.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIC4iEH90l5riUOTQEJnjsg

My my...

Didn't anyone notice that the guy recording the video was driving recklessly as well? All i can fault the caucasian driver is that he was not checking his blind spot.

The driver who was driving and filming it down was obviously tailgating, swerving in and out of lanes, and harassing other road users. Are we gonna overlook that just to push the race agenda?

Is this a highway?
If yes, then how come the Caucasian male driver can just stop wherever he likes and come out to confront another driver?

Is this a highway?
If yes, then how come the Caucasian male driver can just stop wherever he likes and come out to confront another driver?

That's a road shoulder. What i suspect was, the driver kept following and tailgating in harassment that he stopped to see whether it was on purpose.

Since the driver did just that, it just shows that it was exactly the intent. you can see who the real road bully is from this video. The caucasian is obviously pissed at the harassment.

Is this a highway?

So you skip the entire first 90% of the video just to focus on the "Caucasian male" driver, rather than the previous reckless driving of the singaporean lady? And if it was a singaporean chinese man, you would not say anything.

Why even need to say "Caucasian male"? You obviously have racial hatred issues, I suggest you just go over to HWZ and stay there, you'll feel right at home in EDMW.

My my...

Didn't anyone notice that the guy recording the video was driving recklessly as well? All i can fault the caucasian driver is that he was not checking his blind spot.

The driver who was driving and filming it down was obviously tailgating, swerving in and out of lanes, and harassing other road users. Are we gonna overlook that just to push the race agenda?

He believes he has a mission for social justice and fair play. :)

He believes he has a mission for social justice and fair play. :)
Nothing bad about that. We have saying like "Sweep your own door step first" :)

In Singapore, it has really becoming stressful as we are over populated. It's like Chinese rojak (last time) mixing with indian rojak (nowadays). Try to eat like that, you will be sitting inside toilet for whole day. haha!

In Singapore, it has really becoming stressful as we are over populated. It's like Chinese rojak (last time) mixing with indian rojak (nowadays). Try to eat like that, you will be sitting inside toilet for whole day. haha!

Go and read The Prophecy.

We'll see the coming of The One as predicted by the Oracle to which we have little control:

"Locally born truely Singaporeans will be a minority in time tunnel.

Future power will fall into the hands of foreign elites who work harder, demand lesser and complain nothing."

:)

Last edited:
Viral videos can be and tend to be one sided affairs, i.e. they are uploaded to elicit a specific target response.

The context surrounding and leading to the situation or causing the behavior of the protagonists is not captured in the video. Sometimes, this can lead to wrong impressions.

The male driver who confronted the driver of the car making the video recording, was a Caucasian. That is an irrefutable fact which is evident in the video.

Probably some minority races and/or foreigners tend to read racism into facts being stated.

Let's refer to the driver of the car making the video recording as "X".

The video has no sound, which would have provided more useful information about the case.

For example without sound, we do not know:
• whether there was repeated loud honking.
• when the Caucasian male driver confronted "X", whether he made any serious verbal threats of bodily harm to "X" and/or did he shout vulgarities or other offensive obscenities. If yes, then perhaps it is one basis for a police report.

The car video camera has a limited forward angle of view. For example, we do not know whether "X" made any rude finger gestures at the Caucasian driver, which would not have been captured by the camera.

The identity of "X" is not known. It is not known whether "X" is:
• a local or another foreigner.
• a male or a female.
• a Chinese, Malay or Indian or another Caucasian.

At this point in time, it is only known from the Youtube website, that the uploader of the video was a female by the name of Ms Chen Ming Jun.

Unfortunately, she did not make it EXPLICITLY clear in the comments appending the video, whether she was the driver of the car at the time the video recording was made.

In one of her comments shown below here, Ms Chen STRANGELY referred to "X" in the 3rd person - as though she was not the actual driver.

"Poor EQ and bad mannered Caucasian man even kick, bang the door and window. But that's not all! He even tried to open and gain access to the victim's vehicle!"

So why did Ms Chen upload the video?

This is Ms Chen Ming Jun's Youtube comment:
"Caucasian driver SNAPPED! What a pity that even the Police can't locate the driver! Justice???!!!!"

Accordingly, the purpose of her uploading the video may be:
• to help identify/locate the Caucasian driver.
• to spur the police to do something about it & faster than usual, now that it is in the public domain.
• to seek Justice (from her point of view).
• and perhaps to shame the Caucasian male driver, if he had done something wrong.

Don't forget that the expat community in Singapore would have viewed this video too, and some of them know who the Caucasian driver is.
Whether the local expat community will side with him or will use it against him in the context of workplace or social standing; is an unknown.

The video showed the license plate SFK 404P and car model clearly.
Thus it is almost impossible for the authorities not to be able to identify the Caucasian driver.
If he was not the owner of the car and borrowed it from a friend, that friend would be able to identify him.

If the police want to find out, they can.
But I have feeling that police got bigger fish to fry, than to involve themselves in petty disputes between two drivers.

It is not known whether "X" or Ms Chen Min Jun have made a police report.

About the driving behavior of both the Caucasian male driver and "X".
Actually both are not faultless. One is not much "better" than the other.

Certainly in Singapore everyday, we can see worse examples.

So it seems an over-reaction to stop the car, get out, confront and "even kick, bang the door and window".

A bit of unnecessary drama.

If "X" was indeed a female, then it is in extreme bad taste for a guy to confront a lady like that, over such a trivial matter. It would reflect very poorly on the male Caucasian driver.

Is it true that the the male Caucasian driver did not commit an offence by stopping along the exit curve from the highway?

Do you actually support this behavior? If yes, then why?

Can anyone stop on the highway itself?

Stopping suddenly on the highway is dangerous. It makes it harder for drivers behind him to stop without hitting the back.

Stopping on the shoulder of the highway is for an EMERGENCY.
It is not for the purpose of pursuing childish quarrels with other drivers.

Worse, the Caucasian male driver stepped out into the road of the highway and walked to the right hand side of the car driven by "X". Which would be in the path of other oncoming vehicles that have to suddenly swerve out to avoid hitting him. Is this an offence?

Finally, I have no idea why "X" slowed down and stopped behind the parked BMW, instead of driving on and bypassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.