Another Air Accident - TransAsia

So many that it's getting passe...
Buy insurance when we fly...

RIP and condolences to those lost in the recent air disasters, but IMO, we need to go back to basic maths.

First
The internet has grown by leaps and bounds. This means news which would not have featured or brought to our attention is now reported faster, and in more detail. Death, disaster and sex sell. Newspapers will want to bring such news out.
In the past, no one may notice an aircraft disaster ni Africa.

Second:
Incidence and prevalence rates vs simple numbers:

The total incidence rate or prevalence rate may remain stable or more likely have gone down, but as there are more people flying, we will have more incidents. That's simple maths.
Planes are safer and built with more features which allow them to get home.

We should take precaution, and also buy travel insurance, but we should not refrain from air travel.

The more important thing to do, IMO is to make sure we make our peace with our Maker everyday, and also also leave home and depart from our loved ones on a positive note, and finally live life with no regrets. Make everyday count, and live our lives well.

Nowadays so many people using their device in the plane.
I suspect some maybe forgot to switch to airplane mode.
Not sure if the device will really cause any problem with the flight navigator systems :dunno:

Nowadays so many people using their device in the plane.
I suspect some maybe forgot to switch to airplane mode.
Not sure if the device will really cause any problem with the flight navigator systems :dunno:
If you are not sure then make yourself knowledgeable. Worrying and scaremongering are pointless.
Did you notice that SilkAir (and others, too) have introduced Wifi in airplanes? When planes start and land, they are exposed to all kind of radio signals, including mobile phone signals from nearby antenna towers. Why didn't it matter at all so far?

Agree, some airliner start to introduce wifi in the airplanes.
but personally, I will switch my mobile to airplane mode.
Just for few hours without your mobile won't kill you.