Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

NineEleven

Oct 28, 2006
Asia
www.flickr.com
Just saw the video, exact spot & same situation like the infamous Ferrari incident.

Taxi (again) spun after being hit on the rear by a speeding car from left.

I wonder if LTA ever looked into the traffic light timings on that area, if they didn't, they better do NOW!

Anyway, spooky stuff. You guys be careful on the corner.

Here it is:
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_803522.html

Last edited:
Same scenario again...think shd get some taoist priest or monks to burn some offerings to appease the spirits roaming around that area...Peace

Bad luck happenings twice at same spot. Can it happen again.

Last edited:
Bad luck for the taxi that got hit. But this accident has nothing to do with bad luck. Caused by a fool behind the wheel of the Lexus, assuming he indeed beat the red light.

wah.. he trying to do re-enactment is it??

Haha this guy abit suay, TP was at the scene at time of accident, he got no chance to run away :bsmilie:

Haha..TP onsite doing ops..think this junction must put hump..lolZ

Just wonder whats the nationality of the driver ?

why always taxi kanna........

Tat was my first tot :lol:

Balotelli-Why-Always-Me-500x293.jpg

Last edited:
Nowadays driver just like to beat red light .. trend ? Just the last few days, i witness 2 case in board day light ..

Well over the years, i seem petty much such cases, so i always wait 2 sec after opposite traffic turn red before i start to drive .. seeing the latest accident, i think i got to wait 5sec then drive off ... Haha ..

Big Kahuna said:
Tat was my first tot :lol:

At night more taxi then private car mah ...

I wonder if LTA ever looked into the traffic light timings on that area, if they didn't, they better do NOW!

Driver was DUI. How do you expect LTA to cater for such cases?

Anyway, spooky stuff. You guys be careful on the corner.

Unless the traffic light is mismatch until sibeh jialat, this is another case where the driver just happily drive through red light..

Anyways the police already arrest the Lexus driver for drunk driving.

Had said that in the thread on Ferrari crash. Maybe a bug in the computer coding that after 3am the traffic lights in that area go out of synch.

There was no clarification that the blood test for alcohol in the Ferrari crash was taken from the deceased's body and not from the crash scene. So I don't buy the idea that the Ferrari driver was not intoxicated. Because it ploughed straight into the taxi. No matter how fast the car was speeding, it would be a natural reflex action to want to avoid a crash. If he was not intoxicated, the driver would have tried to swerve ever so slightly. This reflex action is subconsciously controlled and instinctive - there was no way he could NOT have done it if he was not intoxicated.

Last edited:
If the taxi drive 1mph slower, it would end up like the ferrari incident. Hope he is fine..

They should speed hump ++ the stretch, red light camera n speed camera the stretch.

They should just ban the driver a lifetime for drunk driving, beating red lights, and potentially causing grievous harm.

Fines are no solution if you can easily foot the bill.

Driver was DUI. How do you expect LTA to cater for such cases?

Yep only saw he's drunk after that. Good that he's arrested & luckily no fatality this time. What happened to the drink, don't drive mindset? When I go for drinks, I won't drive. It's just not worth losing your license or hurting others.

Had said that in the thread on Ferrari crash. Maybe a bug in the computer coding that after 3am the traffic lights in that area go out of synch.

There was no clarification that the blood test for alcohol in the Ferrari crash was taken from the deceased's body and not from the crash scene. So I don't buy the idea that the Ferrari driver was not intoxicated. Because it ploughed straight into the taxi. No matter how fast the car was speeding, it would be a natural reflex action to want to avoid a crash. If he was not intoxicated, the driver would have tried to swerve ever so slightly. This reflex action is subconsciously controlled and instinctive - there was no way he could NOT have done it if he was not intoxicated.

+1

That machi might have swerved @ the last split sec as he seemed to swerve slightly to left, hitting the front of the cab but he shouldn't be doing this kind of speed in CBD. No news from the passenger as well, who's the main witness & probable "aiding manslaughter" charge.

In any case, this shows that any cars can kill. It's the driver.