Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

considering that ST had like at least one page coverage of the story for a number of consecutive days, is that still considered "down play"... usually traffic incidents at most like a quarter page for a single day...

"Down play" which I was refering to the state media on glorification of the Ferrari owner contribution to our economy and testimonials from his friends of his characters splash on ST like a tribute. And the controlled release of information on TV. Compare to the Chinese daily, they really reported what they found out.

Does anyone notice the misreporting of the Japanese woman whom had died from the initial reported age of 20 to 5 days later 40. And little is mentioned about the taxi driver and his greiving family nor the lady companion in the Ferrari. Also, the video proof from the other taxi driver was on Youtube 2 days after the accident while the TV only screen it 2 days later possibily due to pressure of delaying it.

The impression it presented made the reader/viewer feel that we lost a great contributor in our society despite killing 2 innocent lives and injuring 2 others in the process with his reckless action. Journalism has come to a point where it leaves little meaning in terms of context in Singapore.

Forensic report has already stated that the driver was not intoxicated. Coroner's report will not take so long..1. Because truly if there's a coroner report, the body will not be allowed for cremation within 2 days of death. ;)
it is a case of unnatural death, the authorities are required by law to provide a coroner's report... why would there be an exception in this case... the report may take time, but it has been only about three weeks :)

"Down play" which I was refering to the state media on glorification of the Ferrari owner contribution to our economy and testimonials from his friends of his characters splash on ST like a tribute. And the controlled release of information on TV. Compare to the Chinese daily, they really reported what they found out.

Does anyone notice the misreporting of the Japanese woman whom had died from the initial reported age of 20 to 5 days later 40. And little is mentioned about the taxi driver and his greiving family nor the lady companion in the Ferrari.
the ST covered the various parties involved in their coverage: the Ferrari driver, the cab driver, both passengers... they also covered friends and relations of the parties involved... stories become available as people become available to comment... by covering all angles, and they did have stories from all those angles, over the days of their coverage of the incident... how is that downplay?... and the Chinese daily is part of mainstream media... also, just because they reported what the Ferrari driver's friends said, doesn't mean ST is "glorifying" the driver, or that that represents ST's view of the matter; they are just reporting the story...

Also, the video proof from the other taxi driver was on Youtube 2 days after the accident while the TV only screen it 2 days later possibily due to pressure of delaying it.
or possibly due to bureaucratic slowness due to a need to verify the video?... in any case, I thought I saw it on the Chinese 10pm news one day after it came on Youtube...

The impression it presented made the reader/viewer feel that we lost a great contributor in our society despite killing 2 innocent lives and injuring 2 others in the process with his reckless action. Journalism has come to a point where it leaves little meaning in terms of context in Singapore.
and the real point of my saying they did not downplay it is that, compared to most other traffic deaths, there was so much more coverage... anybody heard about the case reported yesterday in the ST, when a Singaporean driver sped, mounted a pedestrian walkway, and killed a Gurkha out on a jog?... that got only about 1/8th of a page...

looks like Singaporeans, who deplore the media for being too much of the government's puppet... has actually been led around by the nose by the same media outlet. nice work SPH :bsmilie:

Does anyone notice the misreporting of the Japanese woman whom had died from the initial reported age of 20 to 5 days later 40. And little is mentioned about the taxi driver and his greiving family nor the lady companion in the Ferrari. Also, the video proof from the other taxi driver was on Youtube 2 days after the accident while the TV only screen it 2 days later possibily due to pressure of delaying it.

I don't feel that at all. We believe what we want to believe.