Anomaly for the S602Z - more hot pixels at 3s compared to 15s

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
I consistently get >>100 hot pixels at 3s exposure but less than 100 at 15s. Another could explain why?

Originally posted by mpenza
I consistently get >>100 hot pixels at 3s exposure but less than 100 at 15s. Another could explain why?

NR kicks in on long exposures? Did u try iso160?

Originally posted by mpenza

haven't. was there NR? thought the camera doesn't have any NR implemented.

Dpreview forum pple have been complaining about the excessive noise reduction which washes out details at normal sharpening. U may have to try soft sharpening for no in-camera processing.

Originally posted by DanielG
What are hot pixels? And how do you identify and count them?

saw this late. I use a program that checks for dead/hot pixel. it reads in the image file and checks through the pixels to identify those which exceed a certain threshold compared to its neighbours.

Which program is that?

I also notice a lot of hot pixels on my S602Z. I took at 6MP @ ISO 400 at night. The hot pixels appear consistantly at the same places in many different pics. This did not happen previously when I took at night. Is is due to the CCD heating up?

Originally posted by DanielG
Which program is that?

I also notice a lot of hot pixels on my S602Z. I took at 6MP @ ISO 400 at night. The hot pixels appear consistantly at the same places in many different pics. This did not happen previously when I took at night. Is is due to the CCD heating up?

Could be. Also I found that there seems to be noise reduction only in manual mode and not others. The NR will reduce hot pixels significantly.

I'll try to find the URL to the program. Downloaded it quite some time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.