Annual Leave During Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope my memory still serves me right...

one is entitled to pro-rated leave during probabtion (that time i checked with MOM)....
not sure if it's stated in the labour law. You can call MOM to check.

HTHs.

It still stands.

I get 18 days in 1 year - and up to May 2007, my entitlement would be 7.5 days.

Since Jan until now, I've taken 6 days leave already - all to accompany my wife to NUH for surgery, and staying with her at NUH.

Now I even offer to take unpaid leave, she said no.

This is such a **** place - the facade they paint a picture of goodness and gracious spirit, at the back they are in such a mess.

So sad.
Better pray for your boss and let God touch her deepest heart.

So sad.

Better pray for your boss and let God touch her deepest heart.

Don't mean to knock it, but she's a Christian - and very pious.

Robert, you have 2 real choices and one more sh1tty one.

Do nothing, submit, suffer and continue being miserable. This is the sh1gtty choice.

You can leave. Just go man, no point staying.

Third, orchestrate a palace coup and get her fired, replaced, moved, or whatever, as long as she is no longer your boss?

Do nothing, submit, suffer and continue being miserable. This is the sh1gtty choice.

Third, orchestrate a palace coup and get her fired, replaced, moved, or whatever, as long as she is no longer your boss?

We need the job unfortunately - if not I would have quit yesterday.

I have to try and tolerate for a while, just for the salary until I can find a new job

Actually, has anyone heard of a 5-year IT Master Plan?

A bit too far down the road, don't you think?

A Palace Coup in a corporation usually fails. It takes lots of politics, allegience and even bribery to execute. Not to mention the defects in your team. I'd seen too many, usually the management will go all out to protect the manager and fire an executive or lower. It only makes sense doing so.

I tell you how IT savvy she is.

We have a shared folder on the server (call it "Z:\" Drive) where departments have departmental folders. As Administrators, we create the appropriate folders and give the proper access rights.

When I wanted to develop an intranet for the company, she said "Don't bother, we already have the Z: Drive as our intranet"

:bigeyes:

And what is her designation again? IT Head?

I tell you how IT savvy she is.

We have a shared folder on the server (call it "Z:\" Drive) where departments have departmental folders. As Administrators, we create the appropriate folders and give the proper access rights.

When I wanted to develop an intranet for the company, she said "Don't bother, we already have the Z: Drive as our intranet"

:bigeyes:

sunzi art of war. know your enemy and know yourself. helps you to deal with people like these.

Maybe it is time to look around. Maybe can ask for a internal transfer ?

No point working for a boss who is not compassionate. You deserve someone better to be your boss. Plan to leave or transfer.

I guess your luck is out that she's a VP.

My advice:

走

You are right.

No point wasting time trying to help an environment to try and be 'World Class' when they can't differentiate between a shared folder and an intranet, and don't want to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.