Annual Leave During Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
well.. if boss dun allow taking of "paid" leave then take "unpaid" leave lo... both party happy and end of story.. haha

well.. if boss dun allow taking of "paid" leave then take "unpaid" leave lo... both party happy and end of story.. haha

Unpaid also not allowed. :angry:

Unpaid also not allowed. :angry:

then its time call it quits if ur boss is really trying to tekan u... no point staying on and feel miserable every working day.

then its time call it quits if ur boss is really trying to tekan u... no point staying on and feel miserable every working day.

* sigh *

Gotta find a decent job first - we trying to start a family - so need 2 incomes.

I think I'd like to clarify a few things - I do not consider myself a lagger or lazy worker.

(1) When I started this job, there was a nagging intermittent problem with the wireless network. Users would suddenly lose connectivity, dropped signals etc. And we all know that when such a thing happens, it can be due to many variables. These take time to isolate, and test and re-test. It could be an access point (AP) congestion (since both 802.1x and Radius was switched on), several faulty APs etc. Last week, she said why does it take so long for you to know of this problem? Duh. I told her that we've finally found the problem, and unfortunately it is due to the AP (Hewlett-Packard) that was not robust enough. The CISCO APs could solve one of these problems. Her reply was, it was only one problem, why take so long? I told her that the other part was the user took the laptop home to work, change the SSID / domain settings etc, and dunno how to put back. I told her we were looking for a solution (freeware) that could save the settings.

(2) There was no network topology diagram in the company. So my colleague and I spent weeks understanding the network topology and used Visio to draw it out. 2 diagrams were completed - 1 old topology and 1 new topology. When I passed her both, she asked "What is the use of this diagram, and what does this diagram tell me?" I said these diagrams are for your files, one current and the other diagram is where the company network should be. They had almost all the servers in the DMZ and that was a major security risk. Then she said "Don't give me piece meal information".

(3) Then she said, "Where is your 5 years IT Master Plan?" Like as if it takes a few days to do? Lucky never give her the drafts, wait kenna accused of giving her the document in 'piece meal'.

(4) We have 3 Active Directories (ADs). Our job was to merge them properly, and install Microsoft Exchange. Anyone knows that the AD *must* be done correctly before anything else. She said these things can be done in two months, including the complete rollout of Microsoft Exchange. I got fed up and told her "If I can do this in 2 months, I wouldn't be here. I'd be heading Microsoft Singapore."

Now you tell me, what is wrong with this picture?

BTW, she's non-IT literate.

wah lao, she like this also can arr, now you know why even ladies hate lady bosses

* sigh *

Gotta find a decent job first - we trying to start a family - so need 2 incomes.

of cos la... once u find a better job move on then, meanwhile its ur choice to either stay on and tahan or call it quits. anyway i hope u find a better boss when the time comes.

Is this company a local company?
I worked with 3 companies. All allowed leaves and MC during probation.

The job market not too bad now, u can start looking for new jobs.

Is this company a local company?

Yes.

She actually asked my colleague why I don't work on Saturday. My colleague said I am on 5-day work week.

She not happy - say will check with HR.

My appointment letter was work 5-day week (signed in Dec 2006), 8:30am - 6:00pm with 1-hour lunch break.

Now, she suka suka say all those who join the establishment after March 2006, are supposed to be on 5.5 day work week.

Duh.

more or less u've explained the reason to urself y she is kinda cranky eh? haha

Sexually deprived :bigeyes:

normally one doesnt see one's own faults. I am not flaming you, just asking you to think why no one is picked on except u. There has got to be a reason right?

normally one doesnt see one's own faults. I am not flaming you, just asking you to think why no one is picked on except u. There has got to be a reason right?

Yes.

I think I accidentally uncovered her mistakes.

In 2006, she was in charge of a wireless rollout contract. She negotiated the contract with the vendor and got our CEO to sign it.

Since Sept 2006, the wireless network has been very unstable - can you imagine using non-CISCO products (those bought from Funan or SLS) for Enterprise use, with Radius and 802.1x?

Now got many people complain, CEO ask me to relook into the whole situation. I found out:

(1) Contract was signed for four (4) years - a bit odd
(2) There was NO Service Level Agreement (SLA) to fault the vendor - so it was a "win" situation for them.

And guess who vetted the contract in the first place?

Now, we are moving the Enterprise into a higher plane of computing, merging the ADs, migrating the email from Qmail to MS-Exchange etc.

I think she is beginning to feel threatened.

In this case, I would say u leave. Unless u can go above her and report it to her superior, you can be made to look really bad. And trust me colleagues being nice is oh well bullshit. In a work place, it is every man for himself. Alliances shift all the time, when u are doing well, everyone is your friend, when u are not, everyone just shuns u.

If you have reached such a stage, clearly she is going to pick on every small thing u do. And if you make even one mistake, you can be sure it will be blown sky high.

Yes.

I think I accidentally uncovered her mistakes.

In 2006, she was in charge of a wireless rollout contract. She negotiated the contract with the vendor and got our CEO to sign it.

Since Sept 2006, the wireless network has been very unstable - can you imagine using non-CISCO products (those bought from Funan or SLS) for Enterprise use, with Radius and 802.1x?

Now got many people complain, CEO ask me to relook into the whole situation. I found out:

(1) Contract was signed for four (4) years - a bit odd
(2) There was NO Service Level Agreement (SLA) to fault the vendor - so it was a "win" situation for them.

And guess who vetted the contract in the first place?

Now, we are moving the Enterprise into a higher plane of computing, merging the ADs, migrating the email from Qmail to MS-Exchange etc.

I think she is beginning to feel threatened.

seems like its either u stay on and tahan her nonsense or report her mistake to the ceo... anyway u have the upperhand from wut it seems.

Tell her that you reserve the right to sue her for inducing a breach of contract between your company and you :)

My appointment letter was work 5-day week (signed in Dec 2006), 8:30am - 6:00pm with 1-hour lunch break.

Now, she suka suka say all those who join the establishment after March 2006, are supposed to be on 5.5 day work week.

Duh.

Before I read the last line, I was about to ask you whether your boss is the type who doesn't know what the hell is being presented to her and just pick for the sake of picking, without undersatnding.

BTW, she's non-IT literate.

Not IT literate can also in charge of wireless rollout.... KNS.

May be she had a crush on you but later found out you are married.. :D or u and her birthdate just crash la!....

If I were you, I will either wish she had a heart attack tomorrow or i start looking around.

Don't think I want to experience her nonsense when she turn "50+ and not married" ;p

Not IT literate can also in charge of wireless rollout.... KNS.

That's why we have only 1 AP serving 30 users in every location, with 802.1x and Radius. And this what what she recommended to CEO in 2006.

May be she had a crush on you but later found out you are married.. :D or u and her birthdate just crash la!....

If there was only me and her on a desert island, and the rest of the world were dead, that would be the end of mankind.

In this case, I would say u leave. Unless u can go above her and report it to her superior, you can be made to look really bad. And trust me colleagues being nice is oh well bullshit. In a work place, it is every man for himself. Alliances shift all the time, when u are doing well, everyone is your friend, when u are not, everyone just shuns u.

If you have reached such a stage, clearly she is going to pick on every small thing u do. And if you make even one mistake, you can be sure it will be blown sky high.

The "good" part is that she wants to extend my probation.

According to my Appointment Letter, staff under probabtion only need to give 2 weeks' notice. So this gives me a bit more time to take my salary, and look for a job.

Hope my memory still serves me right...

one is entitled to pro-rated leave during probabtion (that time i checked with MOM)....
not sure if it's stated in the labour law. You can call MOM to check.

HTHs.

Status
Not open for further replies.