Annoying Horn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesser

Dec 28, 2002
Serangoon
www.jesserswork.com.sg
Just wish to get some informations. when come to weekends here in my area, me and my family are always being disturb by those rag and bone man's horning sound. they starts as early as 8am in the morning and one after another they will go around blocks and makes those irritating horning sounds.........last all the way till noon time. wonder if i'm a bit sensitive towards this......... just wish to hear from some of you guys regarding this.....before I writes in to the town council.:)

Hmm? I thought its a norm? Been hearing it on and off for many years although the karang guni man dun make his rounds so often these days. I think he'd struck it rich, the last I'd seen, he owns like 3 cars - 2 vans and 1 Space Wagon. :eek:

such incidents are occuring with greater frequency and the horn's noise has also increased in duration and volume. is it a matter of time before it becomes a noise nuisiance. maybe resulting in a ban on the use of horns in residential areas.

I had been awoken on many occasions by this:

KARANG GUNI~~~~!!!!!!
SIEW BOA JUA BU SA KOR
PAI LAY LIO DIAN SEE KEE~~~!!!!

BOR~ BOR~ BOR~!!!!!

Damn irritating. Considering there are night shift workers, babies, sick people sleeping during the day!!! ;(

i have no complaints bout the horn...nostalgic actually...

i would worry when singapore bans about anything which irritates any person. That would be so sad. Tolerance is the key...ignore and it wont affect you. :lovegrin:

jesser said:
Just wish to get some informations. when come to weekends here in my area, me and my family are always being disturb by those rag and bone man's horning sound. they starts as early as 8am in the morning and one after another they will go around blocks and makes those irritating horning sounds.........last all the way till noon time. wonder if i'm a bit sensitive towards this......... just wish to hear from some of you guys regarding this.....before I writes in to the town council.:)
hi jess, long time no see ... ha ...

for me , i always wake up by the sounds of the crows they make ... haiz ... damn irritating ... not sure whether it's my cat who "invites" them or what ...

sbs99 said:
i have no complaints bout the horn...nostalgic actually...

i would worry when singapore bans about anything which irritates any person. That would be so sad. Tolerance is the key...ignore and it wont affect you. :lovegrin:

Just tell us where you live. We'll send all the karang guni men to your place.:bsmilie:

Try to get used to the sound, lah! Just like when you go to the toilet, after a while you won't smell the......... smell. :)

HS

Actually I dun really mind for them to go round to collect stuff they need from householders. That is their form of living. But things seem to get a little out of control on this nowadays. Different individuals come at different timing on a same day with the same kind of horn and making the same kind of sound. Guess is time to do some fine-tuning on this. My kids are having exams now and those horn sounds are adding more stress onto them. I still prefer them to go round and do their normal call traditionally rather then using those horns. :(

Sion said:
Don't you use air refresher in the loo?

You can only smell of lavender and nothing else. :bsmilie:
I don't like lavender, anyway, this way I can enjoy whatever I eat a second time! (at least the smell of it)..........

hongsien said:
I don't like lavender, anyway, this way I can enjoy whatever I eat a second time! (at least the smell of it)..........

For peace and quietness in the loo, I think they make musical toilet seats in Japan too.

You've scent of your choice and now music while you're releasing. :bsmilie:

Sion said:
........ releasing. :bsmilie:
You mean 'relaxing'?.........:)
What happens when you fall asleep with all those relaxing surroundings in the toilet?

I'm waiting for one to come along leh. I want to ask him how much 1kg of newspaper is worth ;)

Sion said:
Don't you bring a dirty magazine to the loo? :bsmilie:
I can't pee in the bowl when reading those :)

I wonder how much these karang guni people would pay for those dirty magazines?

HS

Status
Not open for further replies.