Announcement: Pentax Now Available in Singapore Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Pentaxians
[*]Best Denki 63199922

[*]Harvey Norman 63097888

I hope this means dslr bodies and lenses, and not just the P&Ss. It will be good exposure for the Pentax brand to get some shelf space at these two big retailers and raise the visibility of Pentax gear.:thumbsup:

OP is not as good as they used to be ... today .. I went down price up by almost near 100 compare to Alan Photo ...

I am losing my faith on OP...

They will reapped you, if they think you don't know

apart from providing stocks to these shops, i hope some sales pitches/"education" can be given to the sales staff, so that they know how to promote pentax products to potential buyers, rather than simply recommending C/N. better still if the pentax products are priced to compete aggressively.

i've converted about 6-7 ppl to pentax so far, it's not hard when you have a product with bang for buck, solid build, good features, closely-knit community, etc. plus the k200d $1099 offer at some IT show last year was a huge crowd puller.

wow Emjay! Is it true HN and Best will be carrying the range? Hopefully realistically priced DSLRs and not just PnS. That will increase the visibility to those camera-illiterates who think there are only 4 DSLR brands, C, N, O and S. May I suggest you include Courts and Challenger too? These are the main retail outlets too.

But do note that Shriro failed because they had relatively poor marketing especially at the retail end where it matters most. This include lack of product information, nil emphasising of the good points and no packaging designed to give the brand a good fighting chance with the competition. Hence promotional boards and material should focus on brand awareness.

Also, from our earlier PM correspondence, hope to hear your good news that the popular Pentax Tech that has left shriro will be able to continue his good work with you...this would be a popular decision amongst the pentaxians here because many trust his capability and value add.

BTW, when can we expect the DA15mm? ;)

wow Emjay! Is it true HN and Best will be carrying the range? Hopefully realistically priced DSLRs and not just PnS. That will increase the visibility to those camera-illiterates who think there are only 4 DSLR brands, C, N, O and S. May I suggest you include Courts and Challenger too? These are the main retail outlets too.
Their salesmen will only promote the C and N brands only... unless you express interest in the other brands like O, S or P, you think they will bother?

:)

Excellent news and good that Pentax will have a brand presence in more outlets. :thumbsup:

Their salesmen will only promote the C and N brands only... unless you express interest in the other brands like O, S or P, you think they will bother?

:)

Price positioning and most important "bread & butter" (sales com). This may wake them.:bigeyes:

This is good news. Anyway, I would suggest to go next week onwards after they stock up. Was in CP (P) just now, nothing new, still usual same pentax stuffs i saw previously hiding in one corner.

This is good news. Anyway, I would suggest to go next week onwards after they stock up. Was in CP (P) just now, nothing new, still usual same pentax stuffs i saw previously hiding in one corner.

Hey I was there just now too! Didn't see you there. I was also peering around to see if there were more Pentax stuff on display, but only saw the small pile of boxes in the inside corner of the shelves.

Hey I was there just now too! Didn't see you there. I was also peering around to see if there were more Pentax stuff on display, but only saw the small pile of boxes in the inside corner of the shelves.

I only stayed for a while at CP and went over to the shop closing down sales on the other side to see any stuffs worth picking up.

Would be interesting to see the prices of the K-m and K20D..

That shop was clearing stock a few weeks ago already.
It's good if you were looking for some new Old-stock. Saw some odd size filters in stock as well. Saw a Pentax 35-70? normal zoom too when i was there.

I only stayed for a while at CP and went over to the shop closing down sales on the other side to see any stuffs worth picking up.

Hi Emjay,
I am wondering if you intend to bring in the TR3 power pack? Thanks!

50-135/2.8 and 77/1.8 not in stock at CP or Alan Photo. Sadly.

Does Emjay Enterprises do direct-to-consumer sales?

Last edited:
And Paris Silk told me:

"Only Pentax we don't sell, because the company gone already".

hahaha.

Dear Emjay,

I called my favourite store (M S Color) and was told Pentax stock not in yet, no pricing even . . . EH? thought you said it would be available in the next few days from 1 May 2009? Thanks in Advance . . .:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.