ANNOUNCE: PictureToTV 1.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PictureToTV

ANNOUNCE: PictureToTV v1.00
Platform: Win98/ME/2K/XP

PictureToTV lets you create & burn stunning video CD with transition effects & music from your digital photos. You can play the created CD on standard DVD or VCD players, and share your precious memories with family & friends on your living room TV.

What's more, you can even store your original photos on the same CD, should you need to have high-resolution printouts later.

Try out PictureToTV for free now.

For more information, visit: http://www.picturetotv.com/

I downloaded the trial copy, found the interface very nice, and upon previewing the final production on my computer, I'm quite satisfied with what this software can provide.

However, I can't burn to my CDR. Once the video and cd image are generated, the software tried to access the CDRW drive and returned an error message "Burn Test Failed", and when I clicked retry, it said "DVD Creation Error". I tried burning using Nero Burning ROM and it worked fine, proving my CDR and CDRW drive weren't faulty.

Is there a way around this problem? This is one single issue that is stopping me from using this software. Thanks.

Originally posted by Tweek
I downloaded the trial copy, found the interface very nice, and upon previewing the final production on my computer, I'm quite satisfied with what this software can provide.

However, I can't burn to my CDR. Once the video and cd image are generated, the software tried to access the CDRW drive and returned an error message "Burn Test Failed", and when I clicked retry, it said "DVD Creation Error". I tried burning using Nero Burning ROM and it worked fine, proving my CDR and CDRW drive weren't faulty.

Is there a way around this problem? This is one single issue that is stopping me from using this software. Thanks.

I downloaded the trial version too, managed to get burn a CD with 2 albums. They played quite well on a normal VCD player too. Also, as the original high res picture files are still intact on a subdir named PHOTOS on the VCD.

My only complaint is that there seems to be very little transition effects.

Also, I am not sure if the software allows the user to select different transition effects for every shots, or the select transition applies to the who album...

Another minor observation, when the CD was done, it reported DVD completed or something like that; i was only creating a CD ;)

hmm mine couldn't work leh...I'm using Iomega ZipCD 8x writer. Dunno if it is incompatible. :(

Hi all,
Thanks for trying out PictureToTV.

As you have noted, there are a couple of CD-Writers that the software still doesn't support yet. We are working on it.

As a workaround, you can either use:
1. Nero (5.5 and above) or
2. CDRWIN (http://www.goldenhawk.com/)

to burn the resulting video image (BIN/CUE format).

We're working on new transition effects too, which can be easily plugin into your existing installation.

Thank you for your support.

- PictureToTV team
Professional photo video made easy.

Originally posted by PictureToTV
Hi all,
We're working on new transition effects too, which can be easily plugin into your existing installation.

- PictureToTV team

Could you guys also work on the possibility of being able to select different transition effects for each picture within the same album.

Right now, it is either random or 1 fixed transition throughout the entire album.

Originally posted by PictureToTV
Hi all,
Thanks for trying out PictureToTV.

As you have noted, there are a couple of CD-Writers that the software still doesn't support yet. We are working on it.

As a workaround, you can either use:
1. Nero (5.5 and above) or
2. CDRWIN (http://www.goldenhawk.com/)

to burn the resulting video image (BIN/CUE format).

- PictureToTV team

I tried using Nero 5.5.8 (the latest one), but how do I make it read the BIN/CUE file? I tried dragging-and-dropping the cue file in, but was given an error message.

skf: Yes, that is planned, thanks for the suggestion. It helps to speed things up if people register for the software ;)

tweek: I don't have the latest version of NERO handy, but it goes something like:

1. Launch Nero
2. From the menu, select File -> Burn Image. This will spawn a File Open dialog.
3. If you don't see your CUE file, select "All Files (*.*)" in "Files of type:", and then select your CUE file.
4. Burn.

CDRWIN works better with BIN/CUE files, but is less user-friendly.

- PictureToTV team

Status
Not open for further replies.