Anime DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi to all.

Need to know where I can get the best-priced Anime DVDs in Singapore? Was @ Denki moments ago and I was really tempted to get the entire Rurouni Kenshin aka Samurai X DVD set @ $225 (retail price is $250 but they're giving a 10% discount).

Your views fellas? TIA! ;)

I think I've seen such a thread around.

Anime experts (I'm not one, unfortunately) would tell you to go to Sunshine Plaza around Sim Lim Square to that fantastic Anime DVD shop.

If you have lobang, its so much cheaper to get it in HK...

Of cos, taking special note that most companies producing anime in HK and some companies in Taiwan are those 'cheong' one. ;)

If u really want true-blue-original, Amazon USA and cdjapan.co.jp are ur best friend for original Region 1 and Region 2 discs. Of cos, take note that some anime sold by CDJapan do not carry subtitles (they're not cheap either).

U can easily identify cheong anime if they are region free, which shld give u some hint. As for picture quality, well, some are good, I got some that are outright horrible, I got an anime dat died after like 3 or 4 viewings (Hayao Miyazaki's classic, Mononoke Hime. The R1 disc costs like $49.90), the subtitles of cos, I'm pretty sure that I can do a better job. Hahaha...

Of cos, if u prefer to support homebrew anime companies, Odex is ur best bet. But take note that do not produce anymore DVDs (their releases are inclined towards VCD) probably due to the lower profit margin.

DVD animes?... just longer hours/more episode in one disc only right?... the quality is the same/slightly better compared to VCD...

I got mine at suntec for abt $90. 18 dvds total abt 96 episodes. Just above carrefour. Cheers!

I remember the shop as TS. Variety quite limited. Mostly vcds. Cheers!

i find buying over the net cheapest... but nothing beats the cash & carry feeling from physical shop.

can check out yahoo auctions, search for the anime you want...

Blue Marx is the one @ PS right?

Adamgoi,

BUY BUY BUY!!!!!

The best advice ever. :bsmilie:

espn said:
Blue Marx is the one @ PS right?

Adamgoi,

BUY BUY BUY!!!!!

The best advice ever. :bsmilie:

Blue Max lah... i always find their dvds overpriced... esp R1 dvds.

if you can get from Blue Max, you can get from Gramaphone... btw some animation (note: animation not anime) sold at bluemax are dupe by them, with the bluemax logo... esp noticable is the Transformers dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.