Angkorwatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
about 4-5 hours (i can't exactly remember)

Hi dude,

I'm back,. Great place i would rate a GTGBYD "Got to go befre you die!"

from PP about 5 hr by speed boat and 7 hrs by car, so I was told my my guide.

i went with jet asia and Silk also flys there.

brought all 3 lens there and had no problem lugging them around.
if your travelling on a Tutu better bring along a sugical mask, the dust is a killer.

oh yeah, bring a filter and you got ta get use to shooting at shawdows (i mean bright background)cause the shade is dark and the day is bright & sunny. Shooting in the forest temple is a challenge (where angelina Jolie shot tomb raider).

I hired a wonderful Tutu driver cum guide who speaks good english and I trusted him with my lens/tripot when I go into the temple for shoots, cost 12 USD! a day! got him on the web PM me if you need his contact.

in general the people are very friendly and the kids love to post for you, but better bring sweets for them.

I had fun and wil go back for sure.

otto:D
Thanks guys... I'm going to Phnom Penh tomorrow, my first time to Cambodia, but 6hours to Angkor Watt is too far. Looks like I will be staying put in Phnom Penh.

../azul123

Hi dude,

I'm back,. Great place i would rate a GTGBYD "Got to go befre you die!"

from PP about 5 hr by speed boat and 7 hrs by car, so I was told my my guide.

i went with jet asia and Silk also flys there.

brought all 3 lens there and had no problem lugging them around.
if your travelling on a Tutu better bring along a sugical mask, the dust is a killer.

oh yeah, bring a filter and you got ta get use to shooting at shawdows (i mean bright background)cause the shade is dark and the day is bright & sunny. Shooting in the forest temple is a challenge (where angelina Jolie shot tomb raider).

I hired a wonderful Tutu driver cum guide who speaks good english and I trusted him with my lens/tripot when I go into the temple for shoots, cost 12 USD! a day! got him on the web PM me if you need his contact.

in general the people are very friendly and the kids love to post for you, but better bring sweets for them.

I had fun and wil go back for sure.

otto:D

I'm thinking of bringing a Nikon 12-24mm and the 18-135 kit lens. Still pondering whether to bring a Sigma 70-300mm ... Did you have any chance to go telephoto? Btw, also interested to know what sort of filter you brought.

Travelling on a Tutu means more shooting opportunities right? No dirty windows to contend with.

What kind of filters did you bring? GND and/or ND? Is your telephoto lens used often? Is it often spacious enough to set up your tripod?

Hi, I only had a polaroid filter, I dont think its enough against the tuff afternoon sun.
Telephoto lens is great for candid shoots and just sitting on the road side you can catch lots of shots.

as for tripot, setting up is not a problem but its quite troublesome to carry around, I didnt use it much, you can dump it with the driver.

I did not see sun set and sun rise due to the slight haze.

otto

Thanks guys... I'm going to Phnom Penh tomorrow, my first time to Cambodia, but 6hours to Angkor Watt is too far. Looks like I will be staying put in Phnom Penh.

../azul123

becareful, I heard PP is not safe.

otto

I'm thinking of bringing a Nikon 12-24mm and the 18-135 kit lens. Still pondering whether to bring a Sigma 70-300mm ... Did you have any chance to go telephoto? Btw, also interested to know what sort of filter you brought.

Travelling on a Tutu means more shooting opportunities right? No dirty windows to contend with.

I personally prefer Tutu, but the dust is a killer, never attempt to change the lens on the road. Get a surgical mask, really a life saver.

wide lens is great for temple shots, but if you want details and people, I think zoom is great as well. I brought a 70-200 non IS, light and good enough range.

I dont know much about filiter, I guess it time to get some good ones.

otto

becareful, I heard PP is not safe.

otto
I have the same feeling too... but during daytime is ok lah, just not push safety to the limit in any city is key.

If you coming to Phnom Penh and think of staying in good hotel? I recommend avoid Raffles LeRoyal. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is every bit nice all round but it is not what I expected from Raffles.

The piping system are not sound proof, woke me up many times from people flushing toilet, changed room once already. I think better go for newer hotels.

../azul123

I have the same feeling too... but during daytime is ok lah, just not push safety to the limit in any city is key.

If you coming to Phnom Penh and think of staying in good hotel? I recommend avoid Raffles LeRoyal. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is every bit nice all round but it is not what I expected from Raffles.

The piping system are not sound proof, woke me up many times from people flushing toilet, changed room once already. I think better go for newer hotels.

../azul123

oh,

sounds crappy, if you ever go Ho chi min, avoid "Bong Sen hotel"
I had to change my room 3 times for a 4 day visit.

otto:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.