Angkor Wat Photography trip looking for Kakis (13- 18 Aug 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
Looking for kakis to travel to Cambodia from 13 - 18 Aug 2009. The date is fixed.

Please put your name down the list ONLY if you can make it for the trip or at least 90% sure you can. PM me for those interested.

All members are welcomed to join but would like to keep the group relatively small and manageable. Maybe 6 or less.

The trip would be from 13th Aug (Thu) to 18th Aug (Tue). This trip will offer opportunities for both extensive people, cultural and landscape photography.

Places in mind: Angkor Wat and surrounding

Iternary:
Will meet up to discuss further with photographers who are going.

Budget: $700 or thereabout

Airline: Jetstar asia (You have to book your own ticket)
At the point of writing, a return ticket will cost $238 (all tax and 20kg check-in luggage)

Departing: 13 Aug 0600hrs (from Singapore, reaching Siem Reap @ 0705hrs)
Arriving: 18 Aug 1205hrs (depart Siem Reap @ 0745hrs)

Others:
3-Day visitor pass(US$40), Airport departure tax(US$25)

Deadline: 21st June 2009

Confirmed going:
[1] binbeto
[2] *taken*
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]

Reserved:

[1]
[2]

Many Photographers dream to travel the world and take photos... But how many actually did it? :think:

Please note: This trip is designed for photographers in mind. Though non-photographer spouse/friends are of course welcome. Our primary objective are to take pictures of places in the best light, and this will often mean long days of both travel and shooting. You should be mentally prepared to wake up as early as 5am to catch the sunrise and travel long distance to see that special building. We might have to spend some time waiting for that right moment so be expected to stick to a place for a little longer than what most tour group do.
You should therefore only consider joining this trip if you are a passionate photographer willing to put yourself out a bit. This is not a vacation sightseeing/tourist trip, but rather is an expedition designed for those who will do that bit extra to get the images they have been dreaming about.

Last edited:
You can take other airlines but discouraged so that the group can travel from Singapore together.

Hi

I just visited Siam Reap earlier this year. I've posted in a blog format, hopefully it is useful. I kept most of my receipts so the prices are quite accurate.

http://siemreap4days.blogspot.com/

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Bro, count me in!

Confirmed going:
[1] binbeto
[2] *taken*
[3] james
[4]
[5]
[6]

Confirmed going:
[1] binbeto
[2] *taken*
[3] james
[4] *interested*
[5] *interested*
[6]

This is a confirmed trip as I and the other guy had booked the plane ticket.

If you are firm in going, please let me know before you booked the plane ticket.

I'm interested too....Will check on my schedule and confirm with you bro.....More or less interested in who will arrange accommodation and how much so i can budget myself.

Confirmed going:
[1] binbeto
[2] *taken*
[3] james
[4] *taken*
[5] *interested*
[6]

Reserved:

[1]
[2]

Hi ameermukmin,

I haven't really arranged for accommodation there yet. Will meet up with all the kakis and discuss on this. As Aug is not a peak period, don't really see an issue with us unable to get a room. For me, priority will be connected bathroom. :)

On the budget side, my best estimation for this trip (5 night stay) will be about $600-700.

Confirmed going:
[1] binbeto
[2] *taken*
[3] james
[4] *taken*
[5] *interested*
[6]

Reserved:

[1]
[2]

Hi ameermukmin,

I haven't really arranged for accommodation there yet. Will meet up with all the kakis and discuss on this. As Aug is not a peak period, don't really see an issue with us unable to get a room. For me, priority will be connected bathroom. :)

On the budget side, my best estimation for this trip (5 night stay) will be about $600-700.
Well then put me down as in. BTW, i'm a muslim, how about food? Can get halal? Pls help. Otherwise i got problem the 5 days.

Well then put me down as in. BTW, i'm a muslim, how about food? Can get halal? Pls help. Otherwise i got problem the 5 days.

There is a Muslim restaurant there, but finding one is not easy. Please ask around and research before you go. If you are photo hunting and bump into a Muslim there, do ask for help.

Depending on how strict your diet is, they do sell fish at every restaurant with rice.

Good luck!! You will definitely enjoy Cambodia if you stray into the remote villages :)

Thanks for answering, Suhaimi.. My Sichuan kakis.. :)

ameermukmin, I had not idea about the Muslim food at AKW. Can't really answer your query on this.

PM me your contact number so that I can contact you for any meetups.

There is a Muslim restaurant there, but finding one is not easy. Please ask around and research before you go. If you are photo hunting and bump into a Muslim there, do ask for help.

Depending on how strict your diet is, they do sell fish at every restaurant with rice.

Good luck!! You will definitely enjoy Cambodia if you stray into the remote villages :)

Thanks guys....will definitely check out before i go....I have finally delved into photography and now i am starting to go places, hopefully....:devil:

Confirmed going:
[1] binbeto
[2] *taken*
[3] james
[4] *taken*
[5] ameermukmin
[6]

Reserved:

[1] *interested*
[2]

Closing soon. :)

Status