Angkor Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnylatte

Sep 18, 2004
There was an earlier thread regarding photography in Siem Reap / Angkor Wat. I found this link some time ago and thought I'd share it with you guys.

http://peaceofangkor.com/Tours.htm

Peace of Angkor is a English-run guesthouse in Siem Reap, run by photographer(s). They organize photography trips. They have an extensive list of trips, half day, a full day, or a few days. The ones going into outlying stilt villages in the middle of mangrove forests, or remote villages and Angkor Temples, are especially worth it because it can be quite hard to coordinate these trips on your own.

Be sure to see Banteay Srei and Kbal Spean (Valley of 1000 Lingas) and the jungle temple of Beng Melea (this one is even more awesome than Ta Prohm, the one Tomb Raider was filmed in)!

Thanks! Good stuff, this and what you wrote in the Cambodia thread.

I ripped the following off the Lonely Planet web site. When did you go and how was the weather then? I might go next year. :)

Weather Overview
From December to April the climate in Cambodia is at its driest with abundant sunshine and temperatures often reaching 40ºC (105ºF) in April, the hottest month. The humid southwestern monsoon from May to October sees rain fall mostly in the afternoon, accounting for 70 to 80% of annual rainfall. The highest temperatures around this time average just above the 30ºC mark (around 88ºF).

I went in end April / early May.. monsoon starts late May, I think.

Weather was good. Wasn't too hot, and it didn't rain. =) I want to go again! Want to go to more Angkor temples. Maybe next year too.

Some silly questions har. ;)

Are the pavements suitable for trolley bags, or is backpack the way to go? How was the mosquito situation?

kaywalk... interested in going in Feb? I thinking of going then... should be good weather and not too hot.

nemesis32 said:
kaywalk... interested in going in Feb? I thinking of going then... should be good weather and not too hot.
Feb might be good. Next year, the first few days of CNY will be end January (according to my Samsung phone calendar), so we can avoid the exodus of Chinese a bit. :bsmilie:

If more people are interested, then can use those tours that skinnylatte found, 'cos minimum group size of 4.

Haha, backpacks all the way!

Trolley bags in these places are very... unsuitable. Sometimes you just need to jump on the back of a motorcycle, and you can't do that with a trolley bag. =)

Eh.. feb, I also want to go!

i don't mind joining too, as long as we have a fixed date in mind, so i can make arrangments. :)

Good good. But skinnylatte is second-timer and I am first-timer. Will you mind going to some "compulsory" places again, or you prefer fresh itinerary?

Won't mind going to some places again, as long as I also get the chance to see places I hadn't seen the first time around =)

nemesis32 said:

dude... i am interested too

so is someone organizing it?
or at least set a date to it?
so i can make arrangments on my side?

;)

Nisa said:
so is someone organizing it?
or at least set a date to it?
so i can make arrangments on my side?

;)
OK, how about this? All interested, PM me the number of days you want to spare for the trip (not number of leave days 'cos of weekend, but how long you can be away), and maybe your budget if you have an idea already. Any preferred or prefer-to-avoid dates should also be mentioned.

I'll coordinate with skinnylatte, the veteran Tomb Raider, and get a date out by middle of next week. :) Skinnylatte, you PM me the above also. Thanks!

I don't log on on Saturday and Sunday, so don't hold your breath. ;)

Got your PMs. Working on it soonest. With any luck, I can sleep tonight. :sweat:

Count me in, KW! :)

This link is very helpful as I am planning to go there on Jan 06

People, give me a few more days to get more stuff out for you. It does look like the trip will be in the CNY period and, for now, I'm thinking we might fly on 27th January, Friday morning or even Thursday. You'll have to miss or reschedule reunion dinner.

kaywalk said:
People, give me a few more days to get more stuff out for you. It does look like the trip will be in the CNY period and, for now, I'm thinking we might fly on 27th January, Friday morning or even Thursday. You'll have to miss or reschedule reunion dinner.

errr not possible :nono: .... unless u are willing to put me up in your place for the rest of my life..... :think:

cannot miss reunion dinner or miss the frist day! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.