Angel~

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanloverm

Dec 10, 2007
Kuching (From Sarawak)
IMG_1172.jpg

This photo was taken somewhere at citylink, the details of the photo as follows:
Shutter speed : 1/6sec.
Lens Aperture : F/5
Focal Length : 40mm
ISO speed : 100
Metering mode: Pattern

Please give comment on how to improve my phototaking in the future :) Do i really need a Len with wider aperture to take this photo so that the background can be more blur? Please advice.

Thanks! ;)

Congrats on buying an excellent cam.
Next time shooting, you can turn up ur ISO to say 400-1000 on a night street shoot. Otherwise, you'll get lots of blurred pics. To blur the background your subject must be in range. It'll be easier to just full zoom in and snap. Wider aperture helps too f/1.2-1.8 lens are good. It depends on what effect you want to achieve I guess.
Below was a test shot using the f2.8 17-55 IS

Hi oceanloverm

I like the figurine in the picture except that little wire that holds her back.

You might consider abit more illumination on the figurine with respect to the background as well.

My 2 cents

Cheers
Ryan

noob question......Did you choose f/5 because that is the max aperture at focal length 40mm?

Hi Dennisc, Thanks for the comments! Actually this photo was taken in the morning when i was walking from cityhall via citylink to suntec city;p Just bought my camera few weeks back and it was excellent camera:lovegrin: Love it!

Hi Giantcanopy, Thanks for the comments! I will be more careful will the ligthing next time in my photographing ;)

noob question......Did you choose f/5 because that is the max aperture at focal length 40mm?
Hi Highfive, about the Aperture and the focal lenght things... i just adjust the aperture to it's widest aperture but the camera restrict me to F/5 only, and i cant open as wide as F/3.5...:embrass: sorry for unable to answer your question.... can anyone help us on this problem please?:sweatsm: Thank you!!

Try getting the canon 50mm 1.8 lens, relatively cheap, ard 150bucks if you're a fan of bokeh. And can work up to the more expensive ones later like the f1.4 etc or the lovely 85mm 1.2 which cost like near 4k! not v practice unless ur work scope utilies it, fan of quality or you're rich lol.
Rite now the kit lens can only achieve so much f's at that length.

Hi,

I think there are many distractions on the photograph. It would have been better if you use the lowest aperture 1.4/1.8/2.8 (depends on your lens) so the angel will gather all the atention. I dont want to be too negative...because we are all here to improve but i suppose i would have choosen a different picture to show here. The photograph doesnt tell me much...it doesnt transmit or provoke me...

The positive side is that you have down the rule of thirds...good composition..even though it would have been better if the angel is at the right hand side perhaps. Sorry if I have been to harsh...it wasnt my intention. You can learn from the advices. You can also give your opinion if you take a look at my photographs

I hope I have been useful enough. Take care

hi ts, tell me if u want to have this remove.

in life, sometime we just dont have to correct tools on hand. but in photography, luckily there is digital format that allows us to do editing on computer.

i dup. layer.
mask the angel
erase the angle (set feather to 10pix)
inverse selection (ie select background)
adjust gaussian blurr to 15
darken the background
flatten layers

IMG_1172-mod.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice post processing done on the previous picture, my personal preference would be to add in some soft focus effect too =)
Just a suggestion.

TS, Please let me know if you wish me to remove this picture
IMG_1172_SF.jpg

Removed the wire used to hold the angel in place and desaturated the background a little.
Added bloom and a little soft focus effect on the angel, my preference though. May not suit the taste of others =)

Status
Not open for further replies.