"Ang Ji Kao" (red tongue dog)

SurrealDreamWalker

Jul 11, 2009
The Outer Limits
Just drank a double can of limited edition 6.8% Guinness stout.

Interesting history:

Yours since 1869
In 1869, the distributor of Guinness* Foreign Extra Stout in Singapore - Blood Wolfe, used a wolf's head emblem to distinguish themselves. The locals started calling it "Ang Ji Kao" (Red Tongued Dog). Walking alongside you when you celebrated success and endured hardship. Guinness* has been enjoyed by generations of Singaporeans. Let us raise a toast to what we have created because this one is for us.

Mmmm... i like the part "endured hardship". A companion to Johnny Walker whiskey "Keep Walking"!

dog-01.jpg

Last edited:
Just drank a double can of limited edition 6.8% Guinness stout.

Interesting history:

Yours since 1869
In 1869, the distributor of Guinness* Foreign Extra Stout in Singapore - Blood Wolfe, used a wolf's head emblem to distinguish themselves. The locals started calling it "Ang Ji Kao" (Red Tongued Dog). Walking alongside you when you celebrated success and endured hardship. Guinness* has been enjoyed by generations of Singaporeans. Let us raise a toast to what we have created because this one is for us.

Mmmm... i like the part "endured hardship". A companion to Johnny Walker whiskey "Keep Walking"!

dog-01.jpg

If you just drank a double can of limited edition 6.8% Guinness stout and post something like this without spilling mistooks and still make sonse, then it was not strong enough.

:bsmilie:

If you just drank a double can of limited edition 6.8% Guinness stout and post something like this without spilling mistooks and still make sonse, then it was not strong enough.

From your spelling errors, seems like Mistress Sion is more drunk than SDW :bsmilie::bsmilie:

extracted from http://www.mkop.com.sg/news_individual.asp?p=20110415%20-%20The%20Search%20for%20Guinness%20Heroes.html

THE SEARCH FOR GUINNESS HEROES
- Guinness celebrates 142 years in Singapore with a tribute to fans -

To celebrate 142 years of Guinness in Singapore, Guinness is looking for fans to feature in a new campaign. As a brand that has served as a coming-of-age ritual for generations of Singaporeans, Guinness has a strong local heritage, beginning with the familiar 'Red Tongue Dog' (ang ji kao) evolving over the years to include products such as the iconic Guinness Draught. A beer built on the tradition of bringing people together, Guinness is searching for Guinness Heroes - pairs or groups of family or friends who share a common love for Guinness.

Entries MUST consist of a minimum of two nominations. It could be a father-son duo wherein the older generation first introduced Guinness during a father-son bonding session, or perhaps teams made up of colleagues/mates who shared a similar first common union with Guinness. Guinness fans are invited to share their stories by visiting www.facebook.com/Guinness.SG as of today. The closing date for entries is 28 April 2011.

A brand with rich local heritage that dates back to 1869, the first imports of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout arrived on Singapore’s shores with labels that featured a dog with a red tongue. As 'Guinness' was difficult to pronounce, it gained the popular moniker of 'Red Tongue Dog', known as "ang ji gao" in hokkien. Fast forward to 2011, the iconic dark beer is an intrinsic part of Singaporean drinking culture and can be found everywhere from pubs and bars to coffee shops.

Wong Mei Wai, Head of Marketing at Asia Pacific Breweries Singapore said: "For 142 years, Guinness has been embraced by Singaporeans. We still hear the fond reference to the local name “ang ji kao” today. Hence we would like to honor this continued dialogue experienced from generation to generation by paying tribute to these fans with this "Guinness Heroes" campaign, and we hope that the local community will come forth to share their stories about special moments shared with loved ones over a Guinness."

more @ http://twitter.com/#!/guinness_sg

Last edited:
From your spelling errors, seems like Mistress Sion is more drunk than SDW :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Take me drinking, I've been home again. :bsmilie:

:p The blur pic proves he is a bit sobbish...

Btw... TS, what is the rationale behind to create this thread???

Last edited:
:p The blur pic proves he is a bit sobbish...

Btw... TS, what is the rationale behind to create this thread???

You don't need no stinking rationale to do anything while drunk! :bsmilie:

It's agaist the law to pos hiere whon you are innoxicated. :bsmilie:

No one can mede sonse of your spillings. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Say what you? My perfect is spelling!

yucks! i don't like stouths or guinea pics.

LOL... you are underage! Not for you to drink and see hot babes de! Wait later your papa and mama will cane your buttside sia!

hahahahahahaha

Btw the japanese do have stout!

sapporo-stout-draft1.jpg

Stout is very addictive...
Once hooked, you will never lift up a beer anymore...

Stout is very addictive...
Once hooked, you will never lift up a beer anymore...

:thumbsup:

How the taste like???

For me if beer is 'super bitter' ginseng tea...

Then how is stout taste like?

if you don't like beer, then i doubt you can take stout... LOL