Android users unite!

giantcanopy

Feb 11, 2007
SG
Starting a thread for all the android users who love ( or hate ) our android enabled phones, to chatter/share/bitch about the platform and apps ! :)

If i had not lost my previous E72, i would not have a chance to get my hands on a Nexus. Froyo! ;p

Ryan

Froyo's nice. I'm gonna sell my Nexus One though, on an X10 now. It's still "only" 1.6 but working well. I'm running the HelixLauncher interface, With Blackxeth icon pack. Beautiful Widgets, Touchdown for email, and of course, loads of games. :)

It just got rooted, so let's see what happens next. :)

I'm still using an old HTC Magic. Currently running CM5.0.7. Waiting for CM6 to be out. Finally, Froyo for everybody!

Running LauncherPro (which is awesome BTW) but other wise nothing special with the widgets and stuff.

andriod is gonna be running on my htc hd2 once xda side ppl gets it ready:D

Ah .. Rashkae, ur previous nexus post got me thinking about getting a nexus.
I am still using the native interface though, the 5 screen interface seems more than sufficient for now :p

meanwhile i am pretty amused by shazam and the google sky map. i think i will go shoot some stars

ryan

Running LauncherPro (which is awesome BTW) but other wise nothing special with the widgets and stuff.

:thumbsup: second that, using launcherpro too!

Running 2.1 on Samsung Galaxy Spica ;)

what do u guys use for document reading and text editing ?

the other irks me a little is that i cannot push mail from my hotmail account.
i end up putting a little bookmark to load the website instead. but i certainly would not mind a nice client for that.

ryan

Motorola Dext user! Maybe it's my processor but sometimes when I click on the app, it doesn't react. Also, I find that the Facebook on Android is not as good as ones on OS

what do u guys use for document reading and text editing ?

the other irks me a little is that i cannot push mail from my hotmail account.
i end up putting a little bookmark to load the website instead. but i certainly would not mind a nice client for that.

ryan
PDF - I'm using Beam Reader but Adobe already has a free one out.

Yeah, no Push mail for Hotmail but the E-Mail app can be configured to check your Hotmail account on a regular basis.

Hero user, running on 2.1 i think, the recent update which was made available on HTC website. :thumbsup:

Any of you guys in the Swype beta program?

Is this really any good? The only thing I hate about the HTC HD2 is the F-up SMS keyboard arrangement. They really drop the ball on that one especially if you have big fingers and thumb.

i remember hd2 can swap to normal phone keypad mode. for the big fingers;)

see my nick and u'll know already :bsmilie:

Im still using Magic though, with cyanogent's 1.5 mod.

Is this really any good? The only thing I hate about the HTC HD2 is the F-up SMS keyboard arrangement. They really drop the ball on that one especially if you have big fingers and thumb.
It takes a bit of getting used to but it's pretty damn good to use.

Can you guys list down some points of what you like and don't like about Android? I'm having a hard time choosing between the iPhone4 and HTC Desire. :sweat:

Can you guys list down some points of what you like and don't like about Android? I'm having a hard time choosing between the iPhone4 and HTC Desire. :sweat:

hmm. i like andriod cause its on par with iphone os. appstore from google is also equally on par with iphone's app store.

the biggest difference for me? the sheer power of ur phone.
currently i'm running a htc hd2 on winmo7, which literally sucks ****. app store is pathetic, with like barely 5 free games, pretty useless stuff all in all.

yet its undeniable that hd2 is one of the top phones in terms of sheer horse power. with a 1ghz snapdragon, 4.3 inch screen, with multitouch and many more, even iphone cannot come close interms of technical performances.

so i will say, in my case, my phone was limited by the os, but now its free;)

The iPhone 4 just played catch-up. It's now close to the level of modern phones, but evolving *much* slower than the Android phones...