Android 4.0.4

pansbulcem

Jul 25, 2011
Today I upgrade my phone to Android 4.0.4. I see the battery use like very fast and now not yet at night, battery already like left 20%. I use same like everyday surf web check email. Any body also got same experience?

Today I upgrade my phone to Android 4.0.4. I see the battery use like very fast and now not yet at night, battery already like left 20%. I use same like everyday surf web check email. Any body also got same experience?

what model are you using bro? i, too experience that after i switched to ICS

The battery level of my Samsung Tab 2 7.0 running on Android 4.0.4 also deplete very fast even when it's not used at all. Everyday also got to charge up.

tomcat said:
The battery level of my Samsung Tab 2 7.0 running on Android 4.0.4 also deplete very fast even when it's not used at all. Everyday also got to charge up.

Huawei mediapad 7, even not using battery deplete in 1 day...

Download CPUspy from Play. Check to see if your device is entering deep sleep.

Waiting for my tab 7.7 to be upgraded..my S2 upgraded but battery lifespan seems the same..

I can last a day or 2 running 4.0.4 on my S3 with frequent usage.

My Xoom works fine with ICS update. Battery life is good.

Not sure why it should kill battery life, did the update changed your previous old settings like turning on Wifi, continuous sync etc?

If no then how?

Try rebooting your phone/tablet. Also, do a search for "betterbatterystats XDA forum", download the app and leave it alone for a bit. It will collect information regarding systems which are contantly running. Look under Kernal_Wakelocks and Partial_Wakelocks to see what processes and systems are running for extended periods of time.

You might want to do a complete reset, then re-install your apps. On my phone, battery life is about 50% longer after switching to ICS.

I go do the "Background data restricted" thing last night, battery life better already but now got stupid triangle in the corner. Got triangle never mind better battery more important.

I go do the "Background data restricted" thing last night, battery life better already but now got stupid triangle in the corner. Got triangle never mind better battery more important.

What phone? Then we can help better...

On a side note, playing with a Pantect Vega Racer 2 now.... So shiok, better than Samsung S3

Ok I try. Thanks.

None for HTC One X yet? Tried looking up but no updates...

eejal said:
None for HTC One X yet? Tried looking up but no updates...

Look on the xda forum, HTC one x section. But more importantly, the One X came factory shipped with ICS. So what are you looking for?

Last edited: