Andrew Kuan Website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
azul123 said:
Found this off the YPAP site. Still no news if he is cleared to run for Presidency.

http://www.andrewkuan.com/

Interesting to see the outcome.

../azul123
You mean he is already getting retired? Too young to be President of Singapore in my opinion, I mean what kind of job is that? No real power.........

He's too young to run for presidency. Though he has achieved much, IMHO, seniority in Age is also a factor for respect. I find his pics taken in news paper look pretty arrogant.

well better to have someone than yet another uncontested elections.

tokrot said:
I find his pics taken in news paper look pretty arrogant.
LOL...

I find this amusing, it occurred to me that all the mug shots of people accused of something looks really bad, hair messy, face oily etc.. etc..

It's started, what's started? i.e.; creating a public opinion of the guy. See how "powderful" the media can be?

../azul123

i support your view.

but, how do we, as citizens, evaluate President Nathan, being incumbent, on his effective role as far as holding the second key to the country's reserves?

vince123123 said:
well better to have someone than yet another uncontested elections.

A contest of ideas will always be better than a status quo.This is supposed to be a democracy.:)

Yeah part of the problem is that the man on the street doesn't know what the President does. What do they stand for? Even Andrew Kuan's website has very little info about his political views, what he stands for etc.

Was Andrew Kuan accused of something? Haven't had access to the news recently.

melnjes said:
Was Andrew Kuan accused of something? Haven't had access to the news recently.

yup!
he kenna sue. b'coz he say that someone forge signture so he report police.

Now, that guy sent him a lawyer to answer by 7 days. Or else see @ court.

Good question,

Unless there's lots of behind-the-scenes work, or simply because I'm ignorant, I'm not sure remembering what the current President Nathan actually does which is visible to the public eye.

reachme2003 said:
i support your view.

but, how do we, as citizens, evaluate President Nathan, being incumbent, on his effective role as far as holding the second key to the country's reserves?

Not sure if it is just me, but when I read the news today, I can't help but suspect some other factors in play which might have led to the lawyer's letter being issued.

therat said:
yup!
he kenna sue. b'coz he say that someone forge signture so he report police.

Now, that guy sent him a lawyer to answer by 7 days. Or else see @ court.

vince123123 said:
Good question,

Unless there's lots of behind-the-scenes work, or simply because I'm ignorant, I'm not sure remembering what the current President Nathan actually does which is visible to the public eye.

He upkeeps the Istana.

President's Charity, grace our National Day's parade at Padang.

reno77 said:
He upkeeps the Istana.

I was thinking more of things not related to being a figurehead in social situations

even HS Lee also mention... choose the right ppl.
make urself transparent. Explain why change so many job within 5 yrs.

I think he might worry that he will win.
that's why all the blacking coloring come in...

I dun agree... i think it will be a complete waste of time and money if he's just there for the sake of having someone to vote. I doubt he will garnermuch votes anyway....

this thread is closely monitored by the ISD.

+1 before police raid

azul123 said:
LOL...

I find this amusing, it occurred to me that all the mug shots of people accused of something looks really bad, hair messy, face oily etc.. etc..

It's started, what's started? i.e.; creating a public opinion of the guy. See how "powderful" the media can be?

../azul123

ya I don't know why people are judging things based on appearance. For me, I basically see this as a chance for me to vote and do something rather than sit there complain and complain about this and that.

I think I will vote for Andrew Kuan if he stands for election. My personal opinon. I think the president is a very impt post but it is soooo HARD to get capable people standing up for Singapore and putting their necks on the line to actually do something. What ever Andrew Kuan's motives are, it is a GOOD thing he stepped up. From his resume, he is no tom dick and harry. And if he MANAGE to pass all the stringent criteria setup, he will get my vote.

This "presidential selection thing" is actually a double edged sword. On one hand, it limits the amount of opposition in the presidential race, on the other hand, if anyone gets through the selection process, he is immediately deemed as a credible alternative to the incumbent.

I really hope nothing happens to Andrew Kuan, even if he lost. As if he gets through this process unscathe, it will encourage other more capable people to step forward next time. But if he ended up sued, fined, etc, who will ever stand up for singapore? Nowadays, it is so hard to open your mouth in the papers without getting sued. This is one of my chief issue with the present government.

Status
Not open for further replies.