and smaller PnS that is closest to a DLSR quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsQ

Jan 27, 2002
River Valley
Visit site
I am using a 400D + kit lens and yes, it took a lot of great photos for me and i learn a lot too...

but at times, i just lazy to bring along camera of such size (despite its already so small for a SLR)

I never look at PnS camera for very long already.. so totally lost.. but is there one (or any smaller entry pro level) that is smaller but matchable to a entry DSLR?

olympus e-p1?

hehe I forgot to add.. not too expensive also la.. P1 price is almost of D90.. i dont think that worth it..

but then again, i might start to like it base on what +ve review so far.. i waiting for the panasonic version to come and see how it goes actually.. at least panasonic one got build in flash and hidef video (AVCHD lite)

Maybe nikon L100? P90?

one of canon ixus series????

Recently I started a thread on PnS cameras as well. The followings are the few models mentioned which may be beneficial info for you.

FujiFilm FinePix F200 EXR
Panasonic LX3
Panasonic DMC-TZ7
Leica D-Lux 3 or D-Lux 4
Canon IXUS 110 IS (lousy build but good specs)

It has to be either a Fuji one with a proper SuperCCD or the Panasonic LX3 now.

Then there's the Sigma DP1/2 cameras if you have the patience.

Otherwise it's them m4/3s cameras.

I never look at PnS camera for very long already.. so totally lost.. but is there one (or any smaller entry pro level) that is smaller but matchable to a entry DSLR?

all p&s are limited by sensor size.

some are LARGER , but still small compared to aps-c sensor.. let alone full frame.

most p&s, if you use properly, and there is manual function, have IQ pretty on par (hard to tell difference) *if* and only if you do not make large prints, and expose image properly.

and also, with the premise that photo taken in good light.

most of them in the modern batch will be good up to iso400, beyond that, it's anyone's guess.

guess i am still stuck with a dslr...

which makes me think, since i bagging a camera of such size, i might as well go get better(bigger also) body or lens as i think i am qualified beyond a 400D now la.. hehehe.. paiseh, self promo here...

also wife hv a 450D... maybe sell both and get a D90

Last edited:
Leica D-Lux 3 or D-Lux 4

Things that you only buy when you have too much money on hand. It's basically a repackaged LX-3

Status
Not open for further replies.