~ And from Astonia we have ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splutter

Dec 28, 2003
Gim Boon Tai
www.splutterphotography.com
Marrell! Haven't joined any shoot for a long long while, but I'm glad I decided to join this shoot by modelinn. Marrell's a really great model to work with. Really had fun today shooting along with other photographers. I'm posting what I got first, will update as I go along. C&C welcome. Come hit me hard :sweatsm:

marrell1.jpg

marrell2.jpg

marrell3.jpg

marrell4.jpg

marrell4.jpg

I like this one a lot.. always loved the movement of hair:)

marrell2.jpg

Bro, this pic luks like she is rather plump. Or slightly out of proportion especially on the lower half torso. Wat do you think?? No. 5 makes me wish that shes my ger~~~ :p (and I luks the bokeh effect[is tat how i spell it??])

HI!

Loved the colours!

Some 2 cents comments:

For #1
The green blured object doesn't work for me. Sort of distracting. Would be nicer if the elbow is not cropped off.

For #2
The facial expression is neither here or there. Needs to be more defined. Same goes for #3

For #6
Thighs seems to be bigger that the upper body. Due to the angle I guess.

For #5,6,7
Same slouch. Maybe post some with different poses.

This comments again is valued at 2 cents. :)

Cheers!

Ivan, I luv messy hair too :bsmilie:

yllew, thanks for pointing that out. Will take note of it.

razor, I realise that the greenish stuff can be rather distracting, but I kinda like it that way. Sort of like some overlay artwork, haha. I cropped off the elbow deliberately too leh, does it really matter? It wasnt too easy to capture the expressions I want, given that each time she looked at me, it didn't last more than a second, lol. Anyway, will work hard on it! Dun worry bro, your comments are worth many many dollars to me :)

I like the feel of your series... Very nicely done... u've set the standard for this shoot :thumbsup:

Hope to see u again in future shoots... Cheers ;)

Getting rusty, yeah?

Looking through the series, although framing varies, but the facial angle is almost similar. Every pic sure has eyes contact. U love her eyes, right? :bsmilie:

Love the saturation of #9 and her expression, but u losing details in the black. Too contrasty, i guess. Otherwise, my pick is #4. Very dynamic. If you can brighten her eyes just like #9, it will be fantastic.

Time to shoot more! Don't keep burying yourself in the books lah. :nono:

#9 is a bit off - the black dress makes her body looks small and unnatural

i like the rest :thumbsup:

good work on the eye contact; good work on DOF to minimize the bg distractn

good colour contrast; good match betwn her dress and the bg; beautiful model with soft skin

Jia Wang, thanks. Din really get to talk to you during the shoot. Will be watching out for your posts :)

silver.wolf, waiting for you to organise shoots lor ;p You most eng now, haha.

Witness, you should be studying too liao rite!

sci80298, thanks.

yllew, just go out and shoot more often and dun always be stuck in the lab, hehe. Lets go out shoot after my exams ya?

Reliance, thanks will work on it next time. She's really one of the best model I ever shot :lovegrin:

my vote goes to pic 4...my only nit pick it too tight crop on her head above.

And i think its Estonia, Astonia..:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.