And btw, is it advisable to get the new 35mm lens from Hong Kong?

Z7Z7Z7

Mar 22, 2009
Hi, Is it advisable to get the new DA L 35mm F2.4 lens from Hong Kong? Does Pentax lens have international warranty?

i don't know the price in hong kong, but from what i see locally, i don't think it will get very much cheaper.

fast prime lens, how much cheaper do you want it to be? better to get reassurance of local warranty being honoured, and support our local dealer, who has been very, very supportive of us. it should be a two way thing, instead of just asking to get a bao ka liao deal. :)

i don't know the price in hong kong, but from what i see locally, i don't think it will get very much cheaper.

fast prime lens, how much cheaper do you want it to be? better to get reassurance of local warranty being honoured, and support our local dealer, who has been very, very supportive of us. it should be a two way thing, instead of just asking to get a bao ka liao deal. :)

Ya, i wanted to get it from emjay but they are now out of stock :cry:

Thats why i am thinking of getting it oversea as my friend is now in hong kong.

Why not? As long as it is much cheaper but i doubt so. If the difference is small, I'd rather buy locally for the fuss-free support plus support Emjay too. I can see that since Emjay has been keeping their prices reasonable and with some really cool stuff from Pentax, the group has grown quite fast. We can help keep prices low through volume by buying from them instead. But yeah...they are out of stock, so if the HK price is good and you can't wait, go for it! :D

orig pentaxt lens in HK is often a bit higher price...
is not their problem...
is the kindness of emjay...

My friend went to a few shops in HK, most told him that the brand is not popular and not easy to get there....:(

My friend went to a few shops in HK, most told him that the brand is not popular and not easy to get there....:(

He can try Man Shing. Its conveniently located next to the famous "ladies street" (Tungchoi Street).
The address : Man Shing Camera G/F, Shop 106, Tung Choi Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon
They stock Pentax stuff and similar to what Cathay Photo is in Singapore. :)

Actually the few usual popular camera shops in HK carry quite a decent stock of Pentax stuff the last time I was there. Other than Man Shing that airconvent mentioned, there's also Wing Shing and Tin Cheung. I believe that there must be a sticky around in the forum with the shop details....

But do note that they have "normal" goods and "water" goods (what we call grey sets), and the prices will be different.

Just wait a bit... I am sure Emjay's going to get it in really soon.

Buying locally you get
1. Local warranty and Extend it if you need it
2. Support Pentax Distributor in Singapore (whose been giving us really good support and best of all pricing of the products)

The lens is only 200 plus, how much can you save buying oversea? I'd rather wait for a while until the local stock comes :)

Anyway, case close, i bot the da 40 instead liao. At least i have a lens to play around around with. ;)

Thanks for your feedbacks.