Anchored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pranadewa

Jun 1, 2004
Hougang
Hello,

This is my first time entering image for critique. Mentally ready for any criticism:) .
Taken at Lower Peirce Reservoir at 8.40AM... I think the boat belongs to PUB... I hope I am not infringing anything:confused:

I cropped some background to simplify the composition.

DLantanea1.jpg

Thanks...

Don

Artifacts along edges can be clearly seen.

ortega said:
i feel that the crop is too tight, your composition needs some breathing space, maybe more water

Thanks Ortega, foreground or background? I have 1 more composition with more water at the background... Maybe I can post it later.

i think foreground would be more interesting due to the reflection of the boat
a little more bg also would be good

Hi Pranadewa, Most boat pics are done with a wide angle, boat in the foreground and the blue sea and sky in the background. To convey the tropical island theme.

Ex. http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/304833/2/Tropical_boat.jpg

But I guess in this case the jetty is locked so you cant get near to the boat.

Pranadewa said:
Hello,

This is my first time entering image for critique. Mentally ready for any criticism:) .

For my taste, the colours are a bit too saturated.

nice reflection, good contrast between blue and yellow, but they cant save the pic - very dull and boring: its a boat, not even a pretty one, and so what?

it would be nice if the dock/platform is not there. then we can have a wonderful shot showing the contrast between the yellow and blue. but then again... it's there physically and we can't move it around.

hmmm... a little PS work should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.