Analysis Of Documentary Photos Revises History

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaam

Aug 29, 2004
West
naturespies.blogspot.com
Can documentary photographs be regarded as credible depictions of events in the world or are they rather staged representations of a special perspective? Do documentary photos take part in the struggle against injustice or are they in fact instruments of those in power? These questions have been discussed intensively over the last few years and a particularly relevant in terms of the photographs that Cecilia Strandroth studies in her dissertation, taken during the 1930s by photographers employed by the Farm Security Administration, U.S. government authority.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071211095823.htm

Can documentary photographs be regarded as credible depictions of events in the world or are they rather staged representations of a special perspective? Do documentary photos take part in the struggle against injustice or are they in fact instruments of those in power? These questions have been discussed intensively over the last few years and a particularly relevant in terms of the photographs that Cecilia Strandroth studies in her dissertation, taken during the 1930s by photographers employed by the Farm Security Administration, U.S. government authority.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071211095823.htm

Would that ever be a surprise if that was so since this is nothing new and has been down to the written word as well for thousands of years? Till there can a time machine invented, we just have to be skeptical and be alert not alway take things at face value (photo value) to looked things over carefully or be fooled time and again or worst. That in time, years from the day the hoax was "invented", it will be taken as truth and an institutional was built on top of this "truth" that will prevent it from being easily disapprove years or ions later.

Technology is always improving to make that "lie" but I also hope we have just as much technology to dispute them too...if not more. Most importantly the human urge to alway seek the truth no matter how hard it is accept that there is a likelihood you could have been wrong or fooled.

Would that ever be a surprise if that was so since this is nothing new and has been down to the written word as well for thousands of years? Till there can a time machine invented, we just have to be skeptical and be alert not alway take things at face value (photo value) to looked things over carefully or be fooled time and again or worst. That in time, years from the day the hoax was "invented", it will be taken as truth and an institutional was built on top of this "truth" that will prevent it from being easily disapprove years or ions later.

Technology is always improving to make that "lie" but I also hope we have just as much technology to dispute them too...if not more. Most importantly the human urge to alway seek the truth no matter how hard it is accept that there is a likelihood you could have been wrong or fooled.

There were sceptics which claimed that NASA's images of the missions to the moon was faked.

There were sceptics which claimed that NASA's images of the missions to the moon was faked.

Ya...I have been hearing that since my father's days heh.. YOu have to wonder if there is any truth to it really as the space race back then was not about science but more about politics between the US and Russia.

I sometime have my doubts about it too but only because one thing keeps nagging at me for a long time now. You know we have some of the most powerful telescope in the world on earth with one or two which can even see all the way back to the origin of the big bang. And we have the Hubble Space Telescope too right? Why is it that till today no one had aim it at the moon to locate not only the USA flag, the launch vehicle and the space jeep which were all left there when they took the return trip back to the main space craft to get back to space? It has been 30yrs ...you would think, we would by now have more shots of those items as a "update" but if you search everywhere on the net and out of the net...there is no record of it at all. They talk about the trip and all that but there is never one single mention of any pictures. heheh I believe in the trip made into outer space but some simple logic things like this...just keep nagging at me at the back of my mind heh. I wonder who else beside me actually thought about this? But then again...this is a USA thingy so who are we to challenge or question them about it. heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.