Analogue Hydrometers

fotoworx

Aug 14, 2010
I bought a new dry cabinet with a analogue hydrometer, it was so out of whack it wasn't funny.

Does anyone trust their analogue HydrometersI?

My Akarui Digi's analogue is consistent with my separately bought digital meter.

if worry, buy another one and put inside ur dry cabinet, which I did. :)
Btw it hygrometer (instrument used for measuring the moisture content in the environmental air, or humidity)
Hydrometer is an instrument used to measure the specific gravity (or relative density) of liquids.

(explaination obtain from wikipedia)

fotoworx said:
I bought a new dry cabinet with a analogue hydrometer, it was so out of whack it wasn't funny.

Depends on what kind of quality that u bought. Cheap doesn't mean good.

I use akarui analogue dry cab and it never give me any problem for 3 years.

My Akarui dry cab's both hygrometers was off by 10% after testing. But it was off on the dry side. So if they show 50%, it is more like 40% actual. They are now both fine after calibration.

So my advice is, test them. So you will know if they are off or not. And by how much. And feel free to calibrate them. The analogue ones are easy to calibrate.

Last edited:
Video is often easier to follow... Just note that the Akarui's analogue hygrometer has a needle inside that can be pushed left or right to calibrate, instead of having a screw. It is as simple as that.

[vid]OyIn5UxMPp8[/vid]

Last edited:
Pls allow for stabling about 1-2 days befor testing

Analogue Hygrometer is the best type.
Digital Hygrometer needs battery power and that often runs out. Repeatedly changing the battery is a pain.

If you think it is off and inaccurate, buy a separate digital hygrometer to check. For practical purposes, + or - 10% is not critical.

Last edited:
I have 2 additional digital hygrometers bought from dx in my dry cab...

batteries actually can last quite long...