Analogue Film Developing shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweat100

Jul 7, 2002
Singapore
sweat100.multiply.com
I read that in todays' most developing shops actually scan the negatives then print it out on the machine(eg, Fuji Frontier). As a result there is a conversion process which might lead to a loss in tonal range. I wish to send a roll of negative to to these 2 different developing shops and do a comparison with myself. Does anyone know of such analogue shops still exist? How much does it cost per piece to develop this way? Btw, is the analogue process in those shops like what we do in a traditional darkroom? have to expose the paper, then put the developer and bleach?

Central: SLCC
West: Konica Minolta shop at Clementi Central & Standard Photo at Anchorpoint
East: Can try Wessy Photo at Bedok 85 market but I DO NOT recommend..

sweat100 said:
Btw, is the analogue process in those shops like what we do in a traditional darkroom? have to expose the paper, then put the developer and bleach?

all done by machine.

Firefox said:
Central: SLCC
West: Konica Minolta shop at Clementi Central & Standard Photo at Anchorpoint
East: Can try Wessy Photo at Bedok 85 market but I DO NOT recommend..
Firefox, do u have the address of KM shop at clementi central?

seaweed said:
Firefox, do u have the address of KM shop at clementi central?

Go to Clementi Central, it's along the row of shops facing the main road.. Where the POSB atm is..

sweat100 said:
Does anyone know of such analogue shops still exist? How much does it cost per piece to develop this way? Btw, is the analogue process in those shops like what we do in a traditional darkroom? have to expose the paper, then put the developer and bleach?

For Black and White, it's almost always still done by hand in darkrooms..

For colour film & prints, those shops I listed are some of the few still using optical enlargement machines (not too sure about SLCC though; they might be doing by hand).

Most other shops use machines that scan and then project onto the paper..

Firefox said:
Go to Clementi Central, it's along the row of shops facing the main road.. Where the POSB atm is..
Ok, thanks

sweat100 said:
What does SLCC stand for? How to get there? Is there a significant advantage? Any users had tried?

Stanley Lim Colour Centre :) It's at Midlink Plaza, 122 Middle Road, 2nd floor. Nearest MRT station is bugis

Firefox said:
Went to the shop at clementi today, found the shop u mention. But when i ask a ger inside the shop about conventional analogue optical printing (i mention all the names i can recall to her), she look blur at 1st then told me they will scan negatives to pc before printing. Firefox, the info u gave izit accurate? I doesnt mean anything bro, jus to confirm :) . Anyway i print a few 4r matt (discover dat KM matt is more smoother than fuji/kodak), colours/sharpness/$0.25 per piece was :thumbsup:

seaweed said:
Went to the shop at clementi today, found the shop u mention. But when i ask a ger inside the shop about conventional analogue optical printing (i mention all the names i can recall to her), she look blur at 1st then told me they will scan negatives to pc before printing. Firefox, the info u gave izit accurate? I doesnt mean anything bro, jus to confirm :) . Anyway i print a few 4r matt (discover dat KM matt is more smoother than fuji/kodak), colours/sharpness/$0.25 per piece was :thumbsup:

The Noritsu machine in there is an optical projection machine... There's a cam head on the machine... Quite unmistakable..

D&P at that shop is dirt cheap... 1 hour express service (actually it's the only service they have) develop and print 36 4R is only $10...

I'm quite sure they don't have a digital machine... All their prints for digital images are done on this smallish dye-sublime type printer... You know... Something like the Canon Selphy 400 type of printer.. Postcard printer..

If their machine is a scan -> optical projection machine, it'll be able to hook up to a computer and print digital images using the machine..

Status
Not open for further replies.