an uninvited guest

akagi07

Apr 6, 2006
not sure if this is a humming bird.. but it suddenly enter my room.. try to chase it out.. but it flew back again.. returning to my room light..
caught it 3-4 times in hand and let it go, it just return.

shall i let it be, fly away itself or..
dsc4804.jpg

dsc4792.jpg

dsc4756.jpg

I think the person who lived your flat came back as a bird and tries to reposses your room????? :sweatsm::sweatsm::sweatsm:

You have exposed wires...? A bit unsafe, right?

Ah, mata puteh.

my untrained bird eye tells me it is not a hummingbird.

does it talk and ask u to surrender ur camera and delete the pictures in ur camera???

Mata Puteh for sure and most likely escaped from someone's home. A song bird that is the hobby of main the older generation lah. My father use to keep a few of them in small well crave cages. They fly into your home as they are used to being in home (in cages) among people so it is not surprising they fly into your home unlikely a wild bird. That mean they are used to being held in the hand too. I use to hold some of them in my house when my father was a live and rear them.

The pity thing is, they will not survive for long in the wild if they have been kept by people for a long time, they lack the ability to hunt for food and also fall prey to other predator birds or animals and even cruel humans.

just let the bird be, maybe it is looking for a shelter for the night, it might fly off when the day starts.

have a listen to its songs........ you might have just caught and released a $$$$$ bird that could have been traded in for a 1ds III + 400/2.8 :bsmilie:

have a listen to its songs........ you might have just caught and released a $$$$$ bird that could have been traded in for a 1ds III + 400/2.8 :bsmilie:

NO kidding, I knew of one when I was younger that was sold off for about $10,000 to another bird owner which was still considered small change.

that's oriental white eye or mata putih. if you primed it for competition thru strict/special diet, rigorous daily walkout and sparring with other birds, the value can fetch hundreds if not thousands of $$.

used to keep one, and with the cage, ivory carvings for decoration, it cost me almost 1.5K. all spent within a few days when i'm really into such expensive hobby.