An opportunity while in Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hiee Pals....

Here are some photos to share on my recent passing by trip through via Beijing....
Was kinda unplanned opportunity so had some time in the morning to visit the Forbidden city area....(outside)

Temperature was around -7 to -9deg that morning...(during the week before christmas).
Took a cab from the hotel and realised that he dropped me onto the east gate (i think)
travbei1.jpg

travbei2.jpg

travbei3.jpg

(above : the frozen river around the area)

travbei4.jpg

travbei5.jpg

(above: Some army on their routine foot drill)
And some more ....

continued...

Okay....i tried my luck to take a portrait of this local in traditional attire.....
he look like a wonderer.....carrying a bag. Approached him to take a shot of him...

travbei6.jpg

travbei7.jpg

(above: the portrait with natural sunrise lighting. Catchlight is from the sun - not from any fill flash as noflash was used)

travbei8.jpg

(above & below: trying out compressed travel shot at 200mm for a summary of the activities aound)
travbei9.jpg

travbei10.jpg

(above: ppl toucing the large golden bolts on the entrance door - intentional flaring to add sense of morning rays in the cold morning)

Really different scene as compared to my trip there two years back with the floor all covered in white snow!!!!!

rgd,
sulhan

wow.. -7 to -9 deg, must be very cold.

Nice photos, thanks for sharing :)

beautiful light! wah, the east gate river is frozen liao. The last time I was there got water :bsmilie:

Like the army men shot as well

great shots! i know you have more to show! :D

weather is good although it is cold.
nice shoots!;)

The colors r nice;) gd shots:thumbsup:

Very nice series :thumbsup:
The portrait is great. Congrats

sulhan said:
Hiee Pals....

Here are some photos to share on my recent passing by trip through via Beijing....
Was kinda unplanned opportunity so had some time in the morning to visit the Forbidden city area....(outside)

Temperature was around -7 to -9deg that morning...(during the week before christmas).
Took a cab from the hotel and realised that he dropped me onto the east gate (i think)
travbei1.jpg

travbei2.jpg

travbei3.jpg

(above : the frozen river around the area)

travbei4.jpg

travbei5.jpg

(above: Some army on their routine foot drill)
And some more ....

Nice shots, always blue sky....

hmm clear sky. I tot Beijing air is very much polluted than Shanghai. Shanghai was bad. It was hazy when I was up there in end Nov.

Very nice lighting and color... love it... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.