An open note to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put some watermark on your jpeg which I think some of us already did.
It may contains your homepage or email or...

If you found your jpeg on another website, you should thank them coz they advertise for you.
What do you think?

Just wanted to clarify something here. So if a person has posted a picture on a message board (without copyrighting it), and another person links directly to the photo to show it on another message board, is that considered copyright infringement, and actionable? We can assume that the second person did not link to the photo with commercial intent.

Answers appreciated.

Elendil said:
Just wanted to clarify something here. So if a person has posted a picture on a message board (without copyrighting it), and another person links directly to the photo to show it on another message board, is that considered copyright infringement, and actionable? We can assume that the second person did not link to the photo with commercial intent.

Answers appreciated.

No you cant... one of the most common misconceptions is that if you don state copyright you don have copyright. The author owes the copyright and you cant link it without prior permission, commercial or not.

Looks like people dun listen to instructions....

someone just copied AJ23's shots of leen and posted it as his/her own on some other website. just notified AJ.

PEOPLE!!!! pls be more honest!!??? :hammer:

vivien, it doesn't really work for people who know where to find the stuff.

Nightwolf, Did this person download the picture and repost or was it a hotlink?

I believe Ruthbaby's website uses some kind of software to prevent downloading of pictures. Tried to save one of the pictures but was unable to.

hwchoy said:
vivien, it doesn't really work for people who know where to find the stuff.

Nightwolf, Did this person download the picture and repost or was it a hotlink?

hw,

the joker did the usual right-click to save image, and then post it up. sucks.... yeah, mebbe the moderators could consider writing a script or something to prevent this from happening.

nightwolf75 said:
hw,

the joker did the usual right-click to save image, and then post it up. sucks.... yeah, mebbe the moderators could consider writing a script or something to prevent this from happening.
All I need to do, is disable javascript on the browser and voila, I can right click and save as. There's nothing you can do.

i guess female pics are usually the victim of those pic leechers.. mostly can be found on sggirls? i heard from my friends... how sad..all the hard work of the poor photographer... :cry:
and the point is..these ppl usually(might be) don't even know ClubSnap's forum and they were redirected from google to a section of this forum,that is the thread itself, when these people search topic on google site i believe. b'cuz sometimes when i search sometime on maybe say for example,yahoo,msn or google..they have all the forum's threads as well. so i bet they know the rules of the forum nor they will look at the so-called legal thread on the forum. they see something(pictures for this forum) they like here, they'd just save the pic and reuse it on other sites then will probably never bother/revisit(or even remember) abt this forum anymore.

guess sometimes it's really hard to prevent leeching/stealing.. :angry:

maybe we could just use galleries tt can log the folder...invites only....troublesome...but protects most photos....

Witness said:
maybe we could just use galleries tt can log the folder...invites only....troublesome...but protects most photos....

Well probably, Administrators or Webmasters can help??? I am not IT experts but I totally agreed that members' photos should be protected expecially Models' protraits whereby it would not be circulated over the cyber world to transform into another "gal next doors"....

ParkertR said:
sigh... my pix just got leeched :(
too bad dude, gotta live with it when you wanna post it or put it up on the internet. email to the webmaster ask them to remove it, that's the only thing you can do i guess.

you cannot stop people from copying your picture, as long as its visible on screen, there is a way to copy it (print screen, snag it, pull from temporary internet files folder)

my suggestion is you put in honkingly loud ©your name across your main subject..

mpenza said:
It doesn't work 100%. There're ways to get round the lock easily, e.g. copy from the browser's cache.

PrintScreen steals anything :)

sad to hear those who got leeched......
just my comment...
put big big watermark or let it be... no matter how hard u try to block they will find a way to leech it....

Status
Not open for further replies.