An open note to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey but think of it if he post with ur copyright watermark on it.... it will be good coz he is help u to publish and letting ppl out there it's your work will u post online is for ppl to see rite and know ur work..... just dun let ppl who use as they told ppl it's their work can oready rite? anyone can correct me if i'm wrong.... It just show the differet ppl and taking all kinds of good n bad comments....... :p

Hi guys,

I have a question.
This is directed to photog's here that wish to share photo's with a select number of others.
Photo's they want comment on professionally, but not chance leeching.

Why not setup a base site only accessable by those each other trust.

I don't know, maybe you do this already :dunno: (I have not heard mention).

Setup a site that can be uploaded to and viewed but with a password only.
Each trusted friend member has the password; no one else.

With the use of the password, you then log in. Records are kept.

Is there any merrit to this idea ?

You could even go one step further.
Each member can generate their own password that will give access to their own specific photo's.
This password bypasses the main password, but only to the one members photos.
This password has a time out of say 1 minute, 1 access only.

This password is given to a perspective client to view the members photo's.

Does all this make sense ?
I don't believe this would be too hard for reasonable site programmer :dunno:

Cheers

Well good IDEA but are u fitting everyone's bill?
U are loaded i think :bsmilie:

Pablo said:
Hi guys,

I have a question.
This is directed to photog's here that wish to share photo's with a select number of others.
Photo's they want comment on professionally, but not chance leeching.

Why not setup a base site only accessable by those each other trust.

I don't know, maybe you do this already :dunno: (I have not heard mention).

Setup a site that can be uploaded to and viewed but with a password only.
Each trusted friend member has the password; no one else.

With the use of the password, you then log in. Records are kept.

Is there any merrit to this idea ?

You could even go one step further.
Each member can generate their own password that will give access to their own specific photo's.
This password bypasses the main password, but only to the one members photos.
This password has a time out of say 1 minute, 1 access only.

This password is given to a perspective client to view the members photo's.

Does all this make sense ?
I don't believe this would be too hard for reasonable site programmer :dunno:

Cheers

sigh, why issit always we worry that pple always get to copy our works and get them to repost it to other webbies ?? i believe people will have take more responsibility by placing watermarks and copyrights into their picture.

even if the picture is copyrighted, u will still get pple saving ur pictures up and using them for other purposes. if u found that the picture that u have taken have been missused, then i believe that u will nt be able to track that particular user down.

therefore IF u agree to the terms of posting the pictures online via online galleries, i believe you have understood the pros-cons and the problems when u post pictures online. if u value your work, my personal recommendations is not to post them online.

maybe shots that u want to ask for serious comments, den u may post online and let the general Csers do the comment, other wise, i would nt recommend pple to post pictures via the Internet, nt to discourage u guys from posting, but since the leeching has gone to such a extend. these infestation will continue to spread and we will then again see more and more of our pictures being leeched into other forums... so therefore i believe if we want to post pictures online, we will better be prepared to see our pictures appearing elsewhere and of cuz, there will be pple who will take ur work and treat it as theirs after they PSed it themselves and make a new copyright and watermark and claim it as theirs.

so now... i believe what we can do now is to step up on ur security and be more cautious in posting pics..... very sad to hear that our fellow CSer's pictures has been missused.

sigh..

;)

This is the latest amendment to the copyright act, on 1 Jan 2005.

http://www.newiplaws.org.sg/index_faqs.htm

"Would someone under these circumstances be considered as having committed an offence of wilful significant infringement?

(a) Made accessible a large number of favourite songs and movie clips online to share with an open group of people
(b) Runs a website in which he solicits uploading of infringing materials in an exchange amongst users

For (a) if the volume and value of infringing copies is significant and the unauthorised access is available to a large number of people, this could constitute a criminal offence even if the person did not gain any financial benefit from the arrangement nor infringed the materials for commercial reasons.

If the operation in (b) results in an exchange of infringing materials, the person running the website could be deemed as obtaining a commercial advantage and hence could attract criminal penalties."

As such, any infringement of our copyrights in this forum can be considered a criminal offence? meaning that we can actually start criminal proceedings against the leechers who had posted our pictures on sggirls?

in that case lets go back to analog age... :D :bsmilie: :lovegrin: :sweatsm: :p

how about those take part in the photography session like makeup artist or stylist?

dont they have their right to post their work in other website or their own? :dunno: :sweatsm: :cry:

I'm not sure how others think, but then I feel that there shld be a 'locked' section of the forum whereby only regular members or members who took part in the model shoot are allowed to view. All other squatter, non-regulars or members who did not take part in the model shoot will be locked out from the particular section.

Alternatively, a paid section. This will deter any squatter members from leeching pictures and of cos, IF portraits do get leeched to undesirable websites, the admins or mods can pinpoint to a specific member who's been doing the leeching quickly and issue a warning or issue a death warrant (aka BAN) to the offender.

Crazy I noe, high-handed I noe. But that's me whenever I sleep late. :bsmilie:

I agree too.. a private gallery for a group of regulars. those who knows the password can enter the private gallery to critique or whatever. This i believe will help and not too difficult to do i guess.

jsbn said:
I'm not sure how others think, but then I feel that there shld be a 'locked' section of the forum whereby only regular members or members who took part in the model shoot are allowed to view. All other squatter, non-regulars or members who did not take part in the model shoot will be locked out from the particular section.

Pics dat are posted in here should be protected by some password....if not anyone can juz leech the photos away n post somewhere else.....

Hope dat someone can do some measure to make this site more secure n convenient for regulars to log in n log out....

i think water marking solves everythings instead of putting a pass or smth wat u guys think?

Err... just a thought ... Maybe Clubsnap can include a feature that stamps "©clubsnap 2006" into each photo posted here??

:thumbsup:

A Retrospective Exhibition of Works Spanning 50 years

One of the finest work of timless portraits was taken by
Singaporean Teo Poh Seng also known as P.S. Teo

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=279235

Aspiring and up and coming portrait photographers will be
well inspired by his work. The exhibition was put up by his
family.

You will find old photographs of Singapore taken during the
earlier 1950s.

Time: 5th May to 31st May 2007
12pm to 8pm

Don't miss this exhibition. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've thought about this too and although I had no experience so far of having any photos re posted, I did have a couple of entries in my blog that have been posted somewhere else without my name or link in it and I only found out through copyspace. Unlike texts though, I'm not so sure if there is a way to trace photos that have been reposted somewhere else. If this is virtual reality, I can only hope people here can make a little difference about it. :(
photocamel2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.