PetaPixel An Open Letter to @alexilubomirski: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Need A Wedding Photographer!

RSSNewsFeeder

Apr 9, 2018
The World
www.clubsnap.com
weddingphotogfeatt-800x420.jpg

Dear Alexi, Congratulations on the announcement that you will be Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding photographer! Your engagement photos of them were beautiful and you did a splendid job of capturing them as a couple. I love the way you talked about them on the red carpet with your wife. You described them as “Deliciously in love” and your photos documented that superbly!

You may see Prince Harry and Meghan Markle engagement photos here and on Alexi’s Instagram account.

I’ve enjoyed going through your Instagram feed and you’re quite the accomplished fashion photographer. As a fellow New Yorker, I enjoy your love of NYC and how you document our beloved town. You also have a beautiful family and seem like a great Dad! The book you wrote, Princely Advice, looks like a wonderful book of which I plan on buying for my kids.

But… You’re NOT a Wedding Photographer

Alexi, you seem like a nice guy. You’re smart, talented, a great dad, but you’re NOT a wedding photographer. There’s no doubt you’re an accomplished fashion photographer who has had the honor of photographing some very big personalities. From Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Julia Roberts, Kristen Stewart, and Reese Witherspoon, I’m sure the knowledge you earned has helped you become a renowned portrait photographer.

However, if I may be so bold, I want to point out that setting up in Milk Studios to do a portrait shoot of a famous person is VERY different from strapping a DSLR to your hand and photographing a bride walking down the aisle! A wedding photographer does so much more than simply follow the bride and groom around, snapping away while they giggle and laugh. A wedding photographer has a tight timeline with so much more to capture than just the bride and groom.

I could understand if you were an award-winning photojournalist who understands the stress of “in the moment” photography, but you’re a portrait shooter, dude!

May I Make A Suggestion?

We don’t know each other, but you seem like a nice guy. May I make a suggestion? If you’re going to shoot this wedding, PLEASE get some help! This is going to be a fabulous wedding that the world will want to see! The faces, the emotions, the locations will all be a sight the planet will be waiting with baited breath to see!

As you described, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are “Deliciously in love!” — we just hope you understand the responsibility bestowed upon you. There are thousands of photographers out there who have dedicated their careers to capture the moments of people in love.

Call Me!

I was a wedding photographer for 25 years, and I’ve had the pleasure of working with thousands of incredibly talented photographers from around the world. We’re a friendly community and would be happy to help anyone in need! You may call the office (314-884-2201) or email me jg@songfreedom.com for advice anytime!

My Final Plea!

In the article where I found you, they list that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have also chosen a florist and a wedding cake baker. Philippa Craddock is a florist who’s been creating events for decades who will build a team of florists to put the event together. Same goes for Violet Bakery, who makes wedding cakes in their business as their profession. These are professionals who specialize in their crafts and hold business practices that fall within the values of the bride and groom.

In closing, Alex, please know this was written out of respect, and our little community is pulling for you! Let us help you. We are all excited about the timeless photographs that will be created on May 16th! We just want you to have the tools you need!

P.S. And speaking of tools, let us know if you need some great music and a kick-ass slideshow creator, we’ll hook you up! Good luck my friend!

About the author: Jason Groupp is wedding photography veteran, the former director of WPPI, and the current President of FyrFly-SongFreedom. The opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author. This article was also published here.

Image credits: Header photo by Mark Jones and licensed under CC BY 2.0

Continue reading...