An often photo-ed set of windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheels

Nov 17, 2002
LONG KAO
photo.rogerdeng.com
Shot it for the colors, tone and dirt. But still a noobe at taking such stuff... :)

photo removed

Love the colours! The orange/yellow gives a nice warm feel to it, the old wooden frames are a nice contrast to the otherwise near clean wall. Nice.

Huh?? What are you trying to show??

shooter said:

Its my own personal version of art and photography.

WAKE UP la shooter!!! You are wasting alot of mine and people's time here with such rude and meaningless comments. :thumbsd:

nice picture you got there
nice orange tone, its really warming and comfortable to look at it:)
btw, where is this often photographed window?
hehe

shooter said:

don't act pro when you are not,little boy.
Everyone can see what you cannot see,are you blind or what?

sincity said:
nice picture you got there
nice orange tone, its really warming and comfortable to look at it:)
btw, where is this often photographed window?
hehe

Thanks sincity. Glad you like it. Btw, these windows are in Club Street....lots of them there but seems like everyone will stop and take these ones. :bsmilie:

zaxh81 said:
don't act pro when you are not,little boy.
Everyone can see what you cannot see,are you blind or what?

Thanks zaxh81. ;)

This boy is just a irritant. Talks like a spoiled brat, just ignore him.

I like the simplicity of the shot. The contrast between the walls and windows is very captivating.

For my personal feeling, the picture seem a bit too bright (message more of cheerfulness) in contrast to a theme on old run-down feel.
But I like the colour combination and weathered texture.

nice colors, and contrasting too, however, i feel the reflection (i suppose) takes away a bit of the attention to the overall pic. just some opinion i feel. :)

Swee! Have been going around chinatown, little india, bugis to look for interesting windows, but this one has character and nice colour.

really..

i'm no pro or semi-pro..

but i agree.. if u're here to hear pple tell u that they like the picture, u've got serious ego problems.. what u should be hearing is where you've gone wrong..

the greatest photogs dont need someoe to tell them that their pic is good.. because it'll never be good enough..

IMO.. i really dont feel that there's anything worth screaming and cheering about in this pic.. maybe you've found a set of windows that no one seems to have found.. so what?

there's no clear perspective to the picture.. what's the message u're trying to convey? in addition to that, it seems that perhaps, u might have tweaked the contrast a little.. the details in the window frame seem to be burnt away.. and the slight 'vignetting' in the lower left gives an impression of PS tweaking.. the crop's too tight to show anything.. at the same time, it's also too wide to show that you're trying to capture detail and textures..

u may choose to take this to be a flame.. and if u do, u REALLY need to wake up and assess your learning attitude..

if u choose to take this a constructive comment, good on you.. the most skilled and experienced photogs learn something new everyday.. nobody stops learning..

Thanks JLLJ, Adzz, clicknick and jar0n for taking time out to comment.

Jar0n, I am just trying to show the worn out windows on a vibrant wall. It so simple, thats all. To be honest, I appreciate your comments and will put it in mind. And I always will appreciate comments from anyone who puts it in a polite and constructive way whether its bad or good. :)

I have an ego, who does'nt? But it does not requires people to tell me that my stuff are good. :nono:

I agree with jar0n

Dont post photos up on a CRITIQUE forum if you dont want to have them critiqued.

By the way, "what you're trying to show" is actually a really good question,

and the fact that you had to explain it to us for anyone to understand is another reason why you have in a sense failed and need to be critiqued

jar0n said:
really..

i'm no pro or semi-pro..

but i agree.. if u're here to hear pple tell u that they like the picture, u've got serious ego problems.. what u should be hearing is where you've gone wrong..

the greatest photogs dont need someoe to tell them that their pic is good.. because it'll never be good enough..

IMO.. i really dont feel that there's anything worth screaming and cheering about in this pic.. maybe you've found a set of windows that no one seems to have found.. so what?

there's no clear perspective to the picture.. what's the message u're trying to convey? in addition to that, it seems that perhaps, u might have tweaked the contrast a little.. the details in the window frame seem to be burnt away.. and the slight 'vignetting' in the lower left gives an impression of PS tweaking.. the crop's too tight to show anything.. at the same time, it's also too wide to show that you're trying to capture detail and textures..

u may choose to take this to be a flame.. and if u do, u REALLY need to wake up and assess your learning attitude..

if u choose to take this a constructive comment, good on you.. the most skilled and experienced photogs learn something new everyday.. nobody stops learning..

http://forums.clubsnap.org/search.php?searchid=2078912
if you think 1 can improve by listening to this comments,then maybe it's just you.
For me,i don't think i can learn anything from this guy,maybe just inviting more flame.

And 3 guys with same 31 posts:think:

dslang said:
I agree with jar0n

Dont post photos up on a CRITIQUE forum if you dont want to have them critiqued.

By the way, "what you're trying to show" is actually a really good question,

and the fact that you had to explain it to us for anyone to understand is another reason why you have in a sense failed and need to be critiqued

Hello dslang, the photo and what I have written on the 1st thread is what I am trying to show right at the beginning. Not good or cheem enough? Need a long article on it? If it is not good enough, so be it and tell me what's bad. You are just another one of those who waste our time commenting on people instead of their photos. If you don't like, move on, don't post such meanless comments. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.