An often photo-ed set of windows


Status
Not open for further replies.

n0d3

New Member
Feb 3, 2003
1,511
0
0
#2
Love the colours! The orange/yellow gives a nice warm feel to it, the old wooden frames are a nice contrast to the otherwise near clean wall. Nice.
 

shooter

New Member
Apr 30, 2005
96
0
0
#5
Huh?? What are you trying to show??
 

wheels

Senior Member
Nov 17, 2002
1,062
1
38
44
LONG KAO
photo.rogerdeng.com
#6
shooter said:
Huh?? What are you trying to show??
Its my own personal version of art and photography.


WAKE UP la shooter!!! You are wasting alot of mine and people's time here with such rude and meaningless comments. :thumbsd:
 

sincity

New Member
Jul 16, 2005
183
0
0
#7
nice picture you got there
nice orange tone, its really warming and comfortable to look at it:)
btw, where is this often photographed window?
hehe
 

wheels

Senior Member
Nov 17, 2002
1,062
1
38
44
LONG KAO
photo.rogerdeng.com
#9
sincity said:
nice picture you got there
nice orange tone, its really warming and comfortable to look at it:)
btw, where is this often photographed window?
hehe
Thanks sincity. Glad you like it. Btw, these windows are in Club Street....lots of them there but seems like everyone will stop and take these ones. :bsmilie:
 

wheels

Senior Member
Nov 17, 2002
1,062
1
38
44
LONG KAO
photo.rogerdeng.com
#10
zaxh81 said:
don't act pro when you are not,little boy.
Everyone can see what you cannot see,are you blind or what?
Thanks zaxh81. ;)

This boy is just a irritant. Talks like a spoiled brat, just ignore him.
 

jbma

Senior Member
Dec 28, 2003
3,287
0
0
Tampines
#11
I like the simplicity of the shot. The contrast between the walls and windows is very captivating.
 

JLLJ

New Member
Jun 17, 2003
96
0
0
Central
Visit site
#13
For my personal feeling, the picture seem a bit too bright (message more of cheerfulness) in contrast to a theme on old run-down feel.
But I like the colour combination and weathered texture.
 

Adzz

Senior Member
Jun 20, 2004
1,037
0
36
West area
#14
nice colors, and contrasting too, however, i feel the reflection (i suppose) takes away a bit of the attention to the overall pic. just some opinion i feel. :)
 

clicknick

Senior Member
Apr 13, 2005
1,398
0
36
Hougang
#15
Swee! Have been going around chinatown, little india, bugis to look for interesting windows, but this one has character and nice colour.
 

jar0n

New Member
Apr 3, 2003
22
0
0
35
Queenstown
Visit site
#16
really..

i'm no pro or semi-pro..

but i agree.. if u're here to hear pple tell u that they like the picture, u've got serious ego problems.. what u should be hearing is where you've gone wrong..

the greatest photogs dont need someoe to tell them that their pic is good.. because it'll never be good enough..

IMO.. i really dont feel that there's anything worth screaming and cheering about in this pic.. maybe you've found a set of windows that no one seems to have found.. so what?

there's no clear perspective to the picture.. what's the message u're trying to convey? in addition to that, it seems that perhaps, u might have tweaked the contrast a little.. the details in the window frame seem to be burnt away.. and the slight 'vignetting' in the lower left gives an impression of PS tweaking.. the crop's too tight to show anything.. at the same time, it's also too wide to show that you're trying to capture detail and textures..

u may choose to take this to be a flame.. and if u do, u REALLY need to wake up and assess your learning attitude..

if u choose to take this a constructive comment, good on you.. the most skilled and experienced photogs learn something new everyday.. nobody stops learning..
 

wheels

Senior Member
Nov 17, 2002
1,062
1
38
44
LONG KAO
photo.rogerdeng.com
#17
Thanks JLLJ, Adzz, clicknick and jar0n for taking time out to comment.

Jar0n, I am just trying to show the worn out windows on a vibrant wall. It so simple, thats all. To be honest, I appreciate your comments and will put it in mind. And I always will appreciate comments from anyone who puts it in a polite and constructive way whether its bad or good. :)

I have an ego, who does'nt? But it does not requires people to tell me that my stuff are good. :nono:
 

dslang

New Member
Jul 14, 2005
309
0
0
#18
I agree with jar0n

Dont post photos up on a CRITIQUE forum if you dont want to have them critiqued.

By the way, "what you're trying to show" is actually a really good question,

and the fact that you had to explain it to us for anyone to understand is another reason why you have in a sense failed and need to be critiqued
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,339
0
36
Earth
louisleow.blogspot.com
#19
jar0n said:
really..

i'm no pro or semi-pro..

but i agree.. if u're here to hear pple tell u that they like the picture, u've got serious ego problems.. what u should be hearing is where you've gone wrong..

the greatest photogs dont need someoe to tell them that their pic is good.. because it'll never be good enough..

IMO.. i really dont feel that there's anything worth screaming and cheering about in this pic.. maybe you've found a set of windows that no one seems to have found.. so what?

there's no clear perspective to the picture.. what's the message u're trying to convey? in addition to that, it seems that perhaps, u might have tweaked the contrast a little.. the details in the window frame seem to be burnt away.. and the slight 'vignetting' in the lower left gives an impression of PS tweaking.. the crop's too tight to show anything.. at the same time, it's also too wide to show that you're trying to capture detail and textures..

u may choose to take this to be a flame.. and if u do, u REALLY need to wake up and assess your learning attitude..

if u choose to take this a constructive comment, good on you.. the most skilled and experienced photogs learn something new everyday.. nobody stops learning..

http://forums.clubsnap.org/search.php?searchid=2078912
if you think 1 can improve by listening to this comments,then maybe it's just you.
For me,i don't think i can learn anything from this guy,maybe just inviting more flame.

And 3 guys with same 31 posts:think:
 

wheels

Senior Member
Nov 17, 2002
1,062
1
38
44
LONG KAO
photo.rogerdeng.com
#20
dslang said:
I agree with jar0n

Dont post photos up on a CRITIQUE forum if you dont want to have them critiqued.

By the way, "what you're trying to show" is actually a really good question,

and the fact that you had to explain it to us for anyone to understand is another reason why you have in a sense failed and need to be critiqued
Hello dslang, the photo and what I have written on the 1st thread is what I am trying to show right at the beginning. Not good or cheem enough? Need a long article on it? If it is not good enough, so be it and tell me what's bad. You are just another one of those who waste our time commenting on people instead of their photos. If you don't like, move on, don't post such meanless comments. :dunno:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom