An interesting thing happened while shooting today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would have made him eat real ****

Looks like he's Indonesian ... maybe trying to setup business here locally ...

This Jeffri Angkasa is really fishy. I checked out his site he does not appear to be a honest person to me. I have serious questions and doubts about his portfolio.

It seems to me that his trying to pass off personal pictures as 'jobs'.

One post his attached a few pics and label it Pre-Wedding, and another post I saw the same pictures and realized those are actually pics of him and his girlfriend chilling out like any other outing.

There are stuff titled Food Photography and Product Photography that look dubious too, more like him eating out at restaurant and taking some pics of his order and calling it Food Photography.

Standards of pics vary greatly too, model shoots are better lighted and setuped, but are those Organized Workshops where he PAYS money to attend or real jobs for fashion houses that he get PAID? You decide.

This Jeffri Angkasa is really fishy. I checked out his site he does not appear to be a honest person to me. I have serious questions and doubts about his portfolio.

do you think he's the only one? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

One post his attached a few pics and label it Pre-Wedding, and another post I saw the same pictures and realized those are actually pics of him and his girlfriend chilling out like any other outing.

There are stuff titled Food Photography and Product Photography that look dubious too, more like him eating out at restaurant and taking some pics of his order and calling it Food Photography.

Standards of pics vary greatly too, model shoots are better lighted and setuped, but are those Organized Workshops where he PAYS money to attend or real jobs for fashion houses that he get PAID? You decide.

Yeah man u hv a point there.

what he did during the event is not professional, just keep your comments on the act.

even a pro will not give such comments on fellow photographers, is degrading the professionalism of self.

btw, nothing wrong with using blogspot, many big name photographers also doing that.

Excellent point! Focus on the act. The new social media (blogs,facebook,twitter,etc) is the new way to reach out to the cyberspace community. Nothing to do with class.

Yeah man its the same pics, he deleted his tag board also after getting alot of comments from fellow CSers, and judging from his name i think hes and indonesian guy, his work seems ok but his ethics is bad...well i guess hes just an example for all of us ....:)

Yeah man its the same pics, he deleted his tag board also after getting alot of comments from fellow CSers, and judging from his name i think hes and indonesian guy, his work seems ok but his ethics is bad...well i guess hes just an example for all of us ....:)

wow! I didn't even know he was getting comments from csers on his tag board! Didn't bother with his site after i did the initial checks.

i asked this question because i feel i own the relationship to the client and the second photog is hired by me not the client i.e. he is answerable to me not to the client.

i would expect a certain code of conduct from him to respect this relationship. any leads from the event or queries should be referred back to me. in no way, should he represent himself.

Sub-con engaged by the Main Con must not sidestep or overide to approach the Client direct.
Submission of claims /payment or thereof any matters also must be liased with Main Con only.

So it is similar here.

Happened to me too while I was shooting for my kids graduation (rehearsal & actual day). I volunteered to shoot for the school and later offered the school (eventually the parents) possible options for purchasing the images/prints. They advert my business in their newsletter that I'll be covering the event. Great!

My big shock was on the actual day when I saw printed images up at the registration area. The school even opened up a counter for parents to purchase the images on CD. I had parents calling me personally to take shots of their kids cos they can't take leave from work.

The biggest shock was when I took a look at the images on display! Gosh, WB was off, mostly blurred images, heads cut off. :thumbsd:
And me standing there with my gear, some parents thought it was my work! I had to do damage control and explained to those who asked me that those are not my works. Even showed them my shots on my camera to prove my point.:nono:

Don't know how to describe these people liao...

The biggest shock was when I took a look at the images on display! Gosh, WB was off, mostly blurred images, heads cut off.

Head cut off who will buy.. "Oh I think this is ah boy la!" :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Such actions are so :thumbsd:
Agree about the quality of his works posted on the blog. Standard varies greatly and some appears to be casual shots. Most of the portraits done have a very TFCDish look. :nono: the way to go.

Last edited:
It seems like this Jeffri Angkasa committed career suicide.

:thumbsd:

Is it him in the image used as the banner for the blogspot page?

According to the other posts, I gather that he is the guy in the "pre wedding" photos and not the guy in the banner. I wonder how he got the image then if he is not the guy in the pic as my friend was the official photographer during the event and the shot could have only been taken from where he was standing. If he had been lurking behind us to take the photo, is it reason enough to "take action" against him for passing it off as his own "assignment" or something?

I'm not a pro like my friend so I don't understand how it works, but this photo was obviously taken during the Hermes charity drive along Orchard Road (I was there when the couple had their pics taken and so were some passer-bys with DSLRs) and this Jeffri Angkasa certainly wasn't commission to take photos of the couple.

Anyways, I shall be letting my friend know that there is this certain someone on the internet using the image to pass off as his own (whether it may be the actual case or not, I don't know).

According to the other posts, I gather that he is the guy in the "pre wedding" photos and not the guy in the banner. I wonder how he got the image then if he is not the guy in the pic as my friend was the official photographer during the event and the shot could have only been taken from where he was standing. If he had been lurking behind us to take the photo, is it reason enough to "take action" against him for passing it off as his own "assignment" or something?

I'm not a pro like my friend so I don't understand how it works, but this photo was obviously taken during the Hermes charity drive along Orchard Road (I was there when the couple had their pics taken and so were some passer-bys with DSLRs) and this Jeffri Angkasa certainly wasn't commission to take photos of the couple.

Anyways, I shall be letting my friend know that there is this certain someone on the internet using the image to pass off as his own (whether it may be the actual case or not, I don't know).

Pls update everyone on how this matter turns out. It would be interesting to get to the bottom of it.

"Captured with

-CANON DSLR EOS 500D
-TAMRON lens SP AF 17-50 mm f/2.8 XR LD Aspherical (IF) Di II
-Canon lens EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
for now,I use CANON DSLR EOS 7D
."

It is important for him to mention that NOW HE USES EOS 7D :bsmilie:

That's funny, very amateur
:bsmilie:

Last edited:
speaking abt code of conduct and ethics, what do you guys think of this - if you are the official photog and you hire a back up/second photog and this guy starts distributing his name cards (whether asked or marketing himself) at the event?

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:
Where are you going to hire this 2nd photog? And seriously, choose the right one in the first place. Even better, keep him within your company.

From his page:

PREWEDDING|WEDDING|CANDID WEDDING|CANDID EVENTS|FASHION|PRODUCT AND OTHER EVENTS

Sorry, but can anyone tell me what is candid wedding and candid events? Never heard of the terms being used in the industry before :dunno:

Seems like Bowwow is not the only victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.