An interesting story about the way one US Pentaxian uses his equpment

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder how he clean the not weather sealed k100d

i wonder how he clean the not weather sealed k100d

Read thru the whole thread and you will see how he did it. He posted a step by step account of how he got into that mess and how he eventually got the mud off his equipment. Till today that K100D is still going on strong . . .;)

That was real good :thumbsup:

Looks like my next upgrade will be a P*****, ha ha ha ;)

Must bookmark the article, it will help save your cam if you ever get into that situation :p

Last edited:
Yah, the K100D is amazingly solid. I dropped mine early this year, the bottom cover broke and a cable inside suffered some damage. But apart from that, everything else survived perfectly fine, the sensor didn't even get shifted (my biggest fear), and SR still seems to work. All it needed was a quick and cheap replacement of the cable and cover. :)

I must say the guy's idea of baking everything to dry the mud first is pretty ingenious, don't think I would have thought of that while panicking. :bsmilie:

Yah, the K100D is amazingly solid. I dropped mine early this year, the bottom cover broke and a cable inside suffered some damage. But apart from that, everything else survived perfectly fine, the sensor didn't even get shifted (my biggest fear), and SR still seems to work. All it needed was a quick and cheap replacement of the cable and cover. :)

How to know that the sensor had shifted?

How to know that the sensor had shifted?

If the sensor does not coincide 100% with the image plan of the lens, then parts of the picture or even the whole picture will be OOF, even when focused correctly. Actually, another thing I was worried about was the AF sensors, but that turned out to be ok too.

Status
Not open for further replies.