An interesting Canon S5 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmondnwj

Jun 11, 2008
Tiong Bahru
"Opinion
For those of you that keep saying this camera has excellent image quality, you must have a different camera than I just purchased. Either that or you have had really bad cameras in the past :)

From the first picture I took with this camera, I was kind of put off but how awful the images were. The center of the pictures come out pretty clear but the farther away from the focal point, the image just blurs and loses its crispness. It's very odd. I've never had a digital that did this. I don't know if it is a sensor issue or a lens issue, but it's terrible. For $350, I certainly did not expect to have images that look like they do.

My little Nikon Coolpix 5600 takes much better quality pictures than this Canon, and I paid less than half the price for it. Simply not acceptable.

This camera is going back to the store tomorrow.

Problems
Awful image quality. "

The center of the pictures come out pretty clear but the farther away from the focal point, the image just blurs and loses its crispness.

You won't get cripsiness with Canon.

Canon is not a biscuit facotry.

For $350 you should be able to buy a truckload of crispiness from biscuit tins. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

What came across my mind was that he could have used a large aperture and got images with shallow DOF and he passed it as lousy camera :bsmilie:

I came across my mind is that he could have used a large aperture and got images with shallow DOF and he passed it as lousy camera :bsmilie:

That's what I thought too.

Status
Not open for further replies.