an imagetat can 'speak'

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuSO4

Aug 2, 2007
Singapore
hi, i'm a total newbie to photography

would like to know wat does it mean by 'capturing images tat could speak'??:dunno:

how to know which pics taken r good (as in pics tat received high critics) and which pics aren't good?:think:

hi, i'm a total newbie to photography

would like to know wat does it mean by 'capturing images tat could speak'??:dunno:

how to know which pics taken r good (as in pics tat received high critics) and which pics aren't good?:think:

Shoot more then you will know.

No shooting, no talking. :bsmilie:

IMage that speaks :thumbsup:

speechbubble.jpg

Basically, it means that a photo that can tell you the feeling, the mood, the emotions, the story, the characters and etc etc..

If I'm not wrong since I'm also a new bie, I think it's voice down to composition of the photo, then follow by the rest like facial expression, the 'feel' in the eyes of the object or model, lighting effects, the backdrop, the crop, and others.

Great majority of the time, such 'story telling' are composed and 'dramatise' by the photographer and to use his skills, but sometime, it can be luck.

Basically, it means that a photo that can tell you the feeling, the mood, the emotions, the story, the characters and etc etc..

If I'm not wrong since I'm also a new bie, I think it's voice down to composition of the photo, then follow by the rest like facial expression, the 'feel' in the eyes of the object or model, lighting effects, the backdrop, the crop, and others.

Great majority of the time, such 'story telling' are composed and 'dramatise' by the photographer and to use his skills, but sometime, it can be luck.

may i know wat it means by "composition of the photo"??
does it refer to the proportion of person/objects in the photo or wat?

Basically, yes, this is what composition mean, but it also about how, where tou place your object (which can be also a person/model) into the photo, and how much close up is suitable and don't ended up get too close.

Composition may also includes the backdrop or background, whether is there too many distraction, colour contrast, flash light rebound etc etc...

Anyway, I hope I didn't provide any wrong info, if I do, hope some pro bro/sis can help to clarify.

Thanks.

Not just simply that, also the way elements (person/objects/things/light) is arranged in the photo, to make it look aesthetically pleasing to the way. Sometimes this can contribute to the impact of the story you intend to tell with your photograph.

After all, you can only tell a story if people are interested in it, no? If they do not look at your photograph, there is no story to be told.

How to know whether you are improving? Ask yourself and answer truthfully whether your photograph pleases you. If yes, why, if not, why? Self-examination is a very important routine in this aspect in the road of improvement.

After that, then perhaps you could ask others what they think, to see if your sense of beauty/eye is accurate in the first place. Once again, reflect. (Sounds very zen hor)

But note this - not every good photograph needs to tell a story.

Someone once told me that my landscape photographs were just pretty, they did not really tell him any story; I pondered for this for a long time, because that person's opinion was important to me, and in the end when I was reading a random book about landscape photography I found the author's answer in the preface:

But if I had to try to put into words the instinctive feelings I have about landscape, I would say that one of the reasons it draws me - and continues to draw me morning after morning, season after season - is that landscape is something that endures. This is not a temporary thing. I think of those 4,500 million years, the age of the earth. I hold them, as far as one can, in my mind, and the sensation I have is that I am the passenger on the surface of something immeasurably more substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.