An honest man

Sgdevilzz

May 16, 2010
Not based in singapore, but we should really learn from him. What if you found a camera bag with a d300 and 3 lenses in it? What would you do? Honest opinions!

"Hi everyone! I found a Kata back pack on the Bart train heading home towards Balboa Bart station yesterday 4/14.... Inside is a Nikon D300 with 3 lenses.... Two of them are VR lenses.... Also, there is a flash with a dome kit attached to it.... If this is yours, please contact me and I will meet up with you at a Starbucks near the Embarcadero area.... I don't want any reward for finding this and I know that these are expensive stuff.... The only catch is, you have to tell me exactly what kind of lenses are in the back pack and which of the two of three are VR.... Also, inside the back pack was a receipt dated yesterday 4/14/11. What was purchase at the Wallgreens? I am doing this because there was no identification anywhere in the back pack and because I lost my wallet about a month ago with a little over $200 inside (everything returned), was Fed Ex back to my house with a note saying " DO THE RIGHT THING IF IT EVER HAPPENS TO YOU".... I believe in karma! "

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/2326828559.html

Shouldn't he be calling the authorities first or something, for one I'm definitely not going to open some random backpack left behind on the train neither would I also trust a posting on craigslist.

Last edited:
I would return. It is silly to assume you can get away by selling or keeping it, and I would rather rest easy at night without that hanging over my head.

i tink it would be best if he had handed the bag over to the BART personnel. Imagine 1000 people trying their luck that it's their bag and him having to meet everyone of them. But yup, he believes in karma..

Shouldn't he be calling the authorities first or something, for one I'm definitely not going to open some random backpack left behind on the train neither would I also trust a posting on craigslist.

seconds with orion. its dangerous going around opening random bags. especially when overseas hahaha

seconds with orion. its dangerous going around opening random bags. especially when overseas hahaha

true, maybe it's his purpose to expose those who tries to get their hands on the items? I've been on the SF bart before and if there's this black mysterious bag lying around, i would definitely think that's a bomb. :bigeyes:

true, maybe it's his purpose to expose those who tries to get their hands on the items? I've been on the SF bart before and if there's this black mysterious bag lying around, i would definitely think that's a bomb. :bigeyes:

so that's what the countdown timer on cameras are for... after it hits zero the camera'll blow up :bsmilie:

so that's what the countdown timer on cameras are for... after it hits zero the camera'll blow up :bsmilie:
:bsmilie: Before even the guy knows, he'll be pointing the camera to himself for self-portrait. Next thing he knows, a Bright light appears.

there are honest people around. my wife lost her wallet on a trip to Australia end of last year and the wallet contained about a thousand dollars in cash plus few credit cards. an australian grandpa found the wallet and passed it to Visa Australia and contacted us upon our return to singapore. that was a nice action.

No need to go far, here in Singapore my wife left her iPhone inside the taxi. Needless to say we got it back by calling it. The driver even drove back to our house to return it! Good man.

My experience was worse. I dropped my wallet on the bus. The person who picked it up slotted it into my mailbox. But apparently went through my entire wallet. My cash, up to $200 was gone, including $50 i stashed elsewhere. So was my cash card. So much for honesty. Thank God they didn't use my NRIC to borrow from the loansharks

my cheap 90dollar handphone was taken after it was left in the cab. First it rang. the next moment, "the starhub number is curently.........."

When you found anything, it is best to try and find the owner and return.
If not, you will live the rest of your life in regret.

After you have tried your best and still couldn't trace the owner, then probably donate to a charitable association, or a poor school in the third world, etc.

My experience was worse. I dropped my wallet on the bus. The person who picked it up slotted it into my mailbox. But apparently went through my entire wallet. My cash, up to $200 was gone, including $50 i stashed elsewhere. So was my cash card. So much for honesty. Thank God they didn't use my NRIC to borrow from the loansharks

It might not be the same person that slot your wallet into the mailbox that had went through the contents of your wallet, he/she might have picked the empty wallet with your NRIC in it up and return it to you...

if it was he/she, he/she would not even need to return the wallet to you and just throw it somewhere.

So there is still honesty around.

I once found a woman's wallet on the bus seat, I took the wallet. Went down my bus stop and open the wallet. Looking at the so much money inside, I began counting it. wow 4K! those 100s notes tied around. I was really tempted in throwing the wallet away and took the money. But in the end I chicken out.haha. Went home, pass it to my mother and she managed to call the husband. It was money for medical bills for his pregnant wife. The Husband comes with his pregnant woman and brings candies. Oh well, rather than have a 4k of guilt n sins, I better stick to the candy. hahah

It might not be the same person that slot your wallet into the mailbox that had went through the contents of your wallet, he/she might have picked the empty wallet with your NRIC in it up and return it to you...

if it was he/she, he/she would not even need to return the wallet to you and just throw it somewhere.

So there is still honesty around.

well.. i'm sure the person kept my wallet... because it was on an empty bus when i dropped it and i chased it all the way to bt merah. even the bus station told me no one submitted a wallet nor did the bus driver notice a wallet... so i'm guessing... it was stuck all the way with that person. and took 2 weeks to drop it off into my mail box. if there is no guilt the person would have passed the wallet to me at home.

no scratches, no smell, no rubbish. everything was dry and still in the same condition... which means the wallet was well-kept for more than 2 weeks till it got back to me.

If you lost 1 lens or wallet or mobile phone, it's understood. But a camera bag with DSLR n 3 lenses? I wondering, what if the owner lost it again, will he/she be so lucky to recover? If that person can lost so many items @ 1 go, I rather the founder keep it. Teach that person a lesson also good, next time he wouldn't dare not to take care of his "wives"

One of the rare feel good stories that makes you treasure human kindness that is sorely lacking nowadays. No doubt he might end up managing dozens of crooks who wanna try their luck at getting the bag but still, the good intention deserves a pat.

Kudos to him!