An Expensive Toy

weikiat

Jan 14, 2010
12636351371f97d4355d.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

framing, exposure, color balance

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
learning experience, to learn how to take photos of well-known landscapes with unique perspective

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Photo is taken from Singapore Flyer with a PnS on a downcast day, with post processing to increase contrast to give it a more "toy-like" color. Also post processed to add lens-blurring effect for abit of miniature faking.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I thought this gives a pretty unique view of the floating platform

Last edited:
Hahaha..I relly thought it was just a model of the floating platform...:thumbsup:

It is nice but I wish the platform is in focus and not the street in the middle.

isn't this a model?

Haha. nice photo. colours are good. Framing no issue. but the DOF a little too thin in my opinion. would like the stairs to be more focus though :)

Looks abit out of focus for the focus area, but then nice toy you bought there ;)

assuming it is the real thing, it is not possible to get a DOF for such a distance. so i have to conclude it is a model. shoot me if i am wrong.

Yes you're wrong. Can use TS lenses to get that effect. Or PP it to fake the effect as well.. :thumbsup:

but yes...it is a nice shot from the flyer. :)

TS has stated he used post processing to increase the effect, and make it more toy-like..
very convincing, i think :D nice shot.. PNS, huh? nice

:thumbsup: Nice composition/framing of the photo. Really looks like modeling. :) Nice try

ver interesting indeed :)

Amazed. Taken with PnS??!

You really got me there, even though I know its real, but I still find that it looks like a architectural scale model.

Good job!

Nicely done, and i thought it was done with a tilt shift lens!

with nikon P5000

i am going to say that i do not like this picture.

tilt shift photography, imitation is fine. but if there is no composition, which i do not see here....... then it doesn't matter how nice your photoshoppery is, it still fails as a strong image.

the image is still cluttered. i have seen a thousand of these imitation TS images on flickr.... the effect fails to impress anymore.

i am going to say that i do not like this picture.

tilt shift photography, imitation is fine. but if there is no composition, which i do not see here....... then it doesn't matter how nice your photoshoppery is, it still fails as a strong image.

the image is still cluttered. i have seen a thousand of these imitation TS images on flickr.... the effect fails to impress anymore.

Don't be a spoil sport. Give the man some credit for trying. He took the trouble to snap a picture so maybe give him some tips on how to get his composition right.

I agree with you but don't "punchek" his enthusiasm lah.