aan.jpg

aao.jpg

aar.jpg

aap.jpg

aaq.jpg

aas.jpg

aat.jpg

Is he St. Peter? (Hint: Key)

Good stuff! Did u take these shots recently? I stay near Bidadari Cemetery and noticed that quite a few graves have been exhumed.

aal.jpg

From a distance, it looked like someone was lying over the tomb, but it is just a pair of boots, probably left by a worker doing the exhumation work.

Note: I find this particular picture amusing but I don't mean to be disrespectful. if anyone is offended, please let me know and I'll delete it.

Originally posted by Porky Pig
Good stuff! Did u take these shots recently? I stay near Bidadari Cemetery and noticed that quite a few graves have been exhumed.

Yes, taken this afternoon. Thanks.

shows thought in composition :)

aau.jpg

aav.jpg

aaw.jpg

Many of the tombstones and statues at the Bidadari cemetery are masterpieces... true works of art. Sad to see that the place will soon be gone. :bheart:

Amazing shots. Got some humor too (boots) :D
Also the peeping lizard is cool :)

I like the no 4, best.

hey rty... !

i love this series of shots, especially the one with the orange lizard peeking from the angel wing. and the boots.

what did you mean that the place will soon be gone? is that why there's a lot of exhumation going on? what are they going to do with it?? :what:

Originally posted by Que Lynn
hey rty... !

i love this series of shots, especially the one with the orange lizard peeking from the angel wing. and the boots.

what did you mean that the place will soon be gone? is that why there's a lot of exhumation going on? what are they going to do with it?? :what:

Yes. The place will soon be gone by, I think, 2005 or 2006. Exhumation started sometime in Feb this year, if I can recall correctly. And the whole cemetery will eventually be turned into a housing estate just like Bishan.

I used to jog inside the cemetery often as I stay nearby but stopped going in for runs since exhumation started. Breaks my heart to see so many graves exhumed and the peace disturbed.

When I found out that cemetery will be gone soon, I started a little project to photo-document the cemetery as I was really fascinated with the many works of tomb stone art there. Got me about 1000 shots. You can see some of these photos in my website.

Originally posted by rty
aal.jpg

From a distance, it looked like someone was lying over the tomb, but it is just a pair of boots, probably left by a worker doing the exhumation work.

Note: I find this particular picture amusing but I don't mean to be disrespectful. if anyone is offended, please let me know and I'll delete it.

rty, did u take many shots today? Planning to go to Bidadari again to take more shots?

very nice shots, well thought up. but let's not forget its the bidadari cemetery. not that i'm overtly superstitious..but there's a reason why SAF specifically prohibits anyone walking/training near that area. its in the TSR! (even though it allows troops to do route marches through the rest of the CCK cemeterires. trust me. i've walked there too many times to miss it)

let's just be careful. sometimes a shot of a lifetime isn't worth your life.

err..not so serious as costing life but lets all be careful and show the dead the respect.

:eek:

Originally posted by jon33
very nice shots, well thought up. but let's not forget its the bidadari cemetery. not that i'm overtly superstitious..but there's a reason why SAF specifically prohibits anyone walking/training near that area. its in the TSR! (even though it allows troops to do route marches through the rest of the CCK cemeterires. trust me. i've walked there too many times to miss it)

err..not so serious as costing life but lets all be careful and show the dead the respect.

Thanks for the concerns. Ummm... can u be more specific? I dont quite understand what u mean. Thanks!

Thanks all for your generous comments!

Porky, cool & nice webpages you got at Homex.Coolconnect! The design is very artistically done! Just too bad, Homex.Coolconnect cannot be accessed by people outside Singapore.

Que Lynn, as of now, you can still go to the place (I mean the Bidadari Cemetery) to take pictures but you won't be able to take as many pictures as Porky Pig did since many of the statues are no longer there.

Uh. People jog there, train there. The Gurkhas jog there all the time. It's the Christian cemetery we're talking about. Not the muslim one.

ok trained in the area quite a bit and my OC insisted no troops near the bidadari area. pressed for an answer he didn't say.

ok so i don't know why. but my OC's word is good enough for me. and so's the SAF TSR.(written in blood and all that)

take a chance? i wouldn't.

Originally posted by Porky Pig

rty, did u take many shots today? Planning to go to Bidadari again to take more shots?

I took about 50 shots. I believe this is the last time I would visit the place. Not that I am superstitious but there's nothing much left to take.

OK. Thanks for your concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.