An Eos 30 or F80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends whether you're thinking about investing in Canon or Nikon, not just about one camera.

Maybe try to hold them and see which fits your hand better. No experience with the eos30 but my friend's F80 is a solid performer.

Hi oooh,

I tend to agree with d7t3. It is a system thing and not just the body.

And do you intend to buy or your lenses and accessories new? If not, personally I think there are more 2nd hand Nikon stuff on the market than Canon. This will allow you to play with the stuff and not lose too much $$$.
Also you can also use the manual focus Nikon lens albeit with some restrictions.

Regards.

I have had the chance to use both F80 and EOS 30, and my personal preference is F80 for the following reasons:

0. Distinctly superior metering system
1. Silky smooth shutter
2. Grid Lines on Demand
3. Has the option of data back ( F80S;the only one in this price range)
4. Didn't face any compatibility with third party lenses (EOS 30 had lot of issues with Sigma lenses)
5. Controls are very intutive

Personally I think EOS 30 is a more featurous camera but F80 is a better camera overall.

Should also resale value of the system. Higher end Nikon bodies fetch better prices.

Not to forget the price of the lens. Canon 'L' lenses are much more expensive than their Nikon equivalent.

Originally posted by oooh
:dunno:

I was struggling between the F80 and EOS30 back in early 2001 when I started photography. Chose the EOS30 because I got swayed by Canon IS technology. :D

Originally posted by AqUaRiU5
eh...juz wondering wad's eye control?? hmm how much for a EOS 30 body and the price of the kit..?? thankz alot pple

Eye control?? Oh... within the EOS viewfinder got these 7 focus points. U just need to look through one of these focus points, squeeze the shutter half-way and the camera will focus liao! Damn solid!!! :D

oh really! tt's a interesting feature..i heard there's another Canon body tt has the similar feature but more focusing points...but if given the choices i would see which one has a cheaper body as well as lens..i feel both bodies have their strong and weak points..

but....i still feel tt F80 would be a wiser choice...hahaha...bias here....anyway how much would it for F80 kit...or body...

I was considering 3 cameras and the F80 and EOS 30 were in it. Though EOS 30 has more features than F80, I would still go for the F80 from the solid performance I have seen(metering system is very good), has all the features I need and proven reliability(from my friend). Either way I think you can't go wrong. But either could not accept my manual focus lens so I had no choice but to settle for another third camera in my list.

Originally posted by gadgetguy
Should also resale value of the system. Higher end Nikon bodies fetch better prices.

Not to forget the price of the lens. Canon 'L' lenses are much more expensive than their Nikon equivalent.

i thought nikon lenses are more expensive than canon L lenses. take the 70-200mm USM f2.8 canon and the AFS nikon 80-200mm f2.8. nikon will cos around 2700-2800 but for the canon it cost about 1950.

Status
Not open for further replies.