An Early Morning at Construction Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazeeee

Sep 8, 2007
kazeeee.com
www.kazeeee.com

Shot this crane with sunrise as background.

Is the PP done on blue too much?
Does it look underexposed?

Any other comment would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

picture is still a bit underexposed, i would think. the blues are a little murky and i'm not sure if you saturated them, but they are looking much too deep in tone.

maybe pump it up half a stop.

sometimes, less is more - the blackness at the bottom is not appealing to me, and is not a good example of negative space. i would go in closer.

picture is still a bit underexposed, i would think. the blues are a little murky and i'm not sure if you saturated them, but they are looking much too deep in tone.

maybe pump it up half a stop.

sometimes, less is more - the blackness at the bottom is not appealing to me, and is not a good example of negative space. i would go in closer.

Agree with you.
Having similar shots like this many many times, I learnt to make less use of the lower part - usually the darker part to only about 10% across. The crane, which may be an interesting object; but a silhouette against the dark blue may not fit well, compared to a clearer orangy background.

Yes the blue seems saturated, but thats the way I would have done it myself, to my preference.

Nice cloudscape but would be nicer if the crane was made to stand out against an orange background as cheguthamrin said.

The skyscape is beautiful
but a lot of black spaces below make the photo look heavy at the bottom.
Anyway, it would be nice if you can rename your title to the "The Slanting tower".:)

The blue is WOW! I love it! Saturated yes but it's so....so.... WOW. Especially the hue, you got it just right. Its melancholic yet made me smile. :thumbsup:

Blue sky not so natural.

Shot this crane with sunrise as background.

Is the PP done on blue too much?
Does it look underexposed?

Any other comment would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Looks good, I'm fine with the bottom actually. Probably just under by 1/2 stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.