An Apple A day!

G

Graton

IMG_0305.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
All area that need to be improved
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Comments and area of improvement
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Hoping to pass this up for my art
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Unique as i seldom see such mini apple

I think you shot this with a rather high ISO, you can see the noise & grains. You mentioned that the apple is small but there is nothing else in the photo to contrast the size, so it doesn't give viewers a sense of it being mini. The PP was rather rough, the selection used for desaturation around the apple is very coarse. You might consider PPing away the dark specks on the apple or adjust to it to the "cleaner" side for the shot. Perhaps you can do a re-shoot and improve on the setup. Cheers :)

Last edited:
I thought it was a regular sized apple till i read your opinion of the shot.

As they say, a picture tells a thousand words, in this case its the other way round.

Some b/w still can be seen on the apple, and the history brush have made its way into the background.

apple eaten haha thanks for all critiques pls comment more on area of improvements

okay but then when i off it the picture seems abit dark

since it is still life, u can run a lower shutter speed at a lower iso without any issues. the apple won't be going anywhere.

since the main idea shld be the uniqueness of the size of the apple, putting it into context will be useful. right now, it just looks like a badly taken shot of a normal apple with the bottom part cropped off.

Apart from all that comments given earlier, i find the stalk of the apple drawing more attention than the apple itself. Personally, I don't find the apple delicious... you probably need to find a fresher looking apple, a brighter surrounding or greenish background that suggest the healthy feeling.... I'd use a green apple than a red one anytime.

thanks all would like to follow but then its gone le eaten away however thanks to all but then as for a different apple impossible as i got it in a bag full of large apples