An American who cannot distinguish between Sikhs and Taliban

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
My goodness. Are ordinary Americans so inward looking and un-exposed to the rest of the world, especially Asia?
The shooter was Blur Like Sotong.
Singaporeans don't have this problem. From child hood, we mix with others.

Last edited:
Many Americans regards Asians are either Chinese or Japanese. Some think Singapore is in China because they meet Singaporean Chinese, and they are surprised that Singaporeans write good English and sometimes spell better than them.

They know China because things are made in China. They know Japan because Japan bombed them before. Some of them never heard of other eastern nations.

Some donno Clubsnap forum is Singapore based.

Yes, many Americans are so ignorant. Especially the rednecks.
Very normal.

ask them to Google: Michael Fay

if this is about the sikh temple shooter.. I googled and it says the shooter was a white supremacist.. so it didnt really matter whether it was sikh or taliban.. anyone that was not white should die.

to me,

most Americans are just plain ignorant, and still thinking that they're the best in the world.

7736414932_ef2d498d57_z.jpg

They spend US$683 BILLION on defense, and 1/10 of that on education.

Some suggestion... Please don't turn this into a anti-Americans thread... The deed was done by one man from some far-right group... don't blame the whole national of 200++ Millions for it. :nono:

It is quite normal for european to be confused with Asian. We would have problems with Africans and Europeans too.

What makes me very confused is gun ownership. If those who supported it has family members killed, I wonder if they will think the same.

Downtown east youth fought using sticks, imagine if they have guns!

7736414932_ef2d498d57_z.jpg

They spend US$683 BILLION on defense, and 1/10 of that on education.

Thanks. I think China went thru that phase before when everyone else is a barbarian and China is right at the center of the universe.

I like Americans and I have American friends.

Last edited:
Thanks. I think China went thru that phase before when everyone else is a barbarian and China is right at the center of the universe.

I like Americans and I have American friends.

Don't mean to bash America lah... I also lots of good and intelligent American friends.

Don't mean to bash America lah... I also lots of good and intelligent American friends.

:) Ok to bash Americans, they have a sense of humor and they also deserve much of the bashings, especially George Bush.

kei1309 said:
i can't tell the difference between Chinese (around the world), Vietnamese, Korean or Japanese.

You can't tell the difference between Japanese?!?

I can't tell between a Hong Kongner and Singaporean, Thai & Laos or Cambodia, Pakistani & Indian, and many more from Asia alone. How about Danish and Swiss, Egyptian and Turkish....I travel around the world for a living, how about those that didn't get a chance to travel out of their country? To them all white are from (the only country they know) same apply to the African, Asian, Hispanic etc

Nothing wrong for not knowing where a country is as there are hundreds of countries around. Watch the Olympics and you will see many countries that you never even heard before.

I don't blame people for not knowing where Singapore is as we are such a small
Country with nothing to shout about. I will be surprise if one doesn't heard about USA.

Now Mitt Romney cannot distinguish between Sikh and Sheikh. He looks like another fiasco in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.