Not open for further replies.

glenyong

Deregistered
Nov 28, 2007
Is there anything I can do ? thanks.

:)

Is there anything I can do ? thanks.

:)

1) write an letter or an email to them. Tell them u had the originals and they cannot deny it

2) ask for payment (price can be discussed) for the photos else prepare to receive lawyer' letter.

3) remind them using photos without permit is infringement of copyrights, purchase of photos is cheaper than paying for a lawsuit case.

;)

Kick up a fuss. It can be done firmly, but also politely.

Happened to me recently when some group used my pics and STOMP! ran an article on that. Everything was settled quickly and amicably.

of course fellow CSers would be able to recommend you lawyers if u need one....or two....

thks raincool, snapman and wilcoo....

will do that....

is there any way to write copyright in my photos ?

Email/call them and read out the full content of the Copyrights rules..

Copyright rules apply to all your works, watermark or not. An absence of explicit licensing conditions does not mean that you grant rights of use to anybody, on the very contrary. If you can prove you are the author (which should be easy enough in your case), and if they can't prove they have a licensing agreement with you that gives them the right to do whatever they are doing with your works, then they are in trouble (whether they know it's yours or not).
Now if you accepted some Terms of use on a website that displays your pictures, you want to read them in detail before you react (perhaps the TOS says that by posting your pictures on their site you agree to this and that).

An agency uses my pictures without telling me.

What agency are you talking about? Ad agency, model agency or stock photo agency?

If it's the last one it's normally in your contract that they can use your images for promotion and marketing purposes without letting you know or paying you.

Since the images have already been used, then I believe that even if they take it off immediately, some form of compensation has to be in place.

It pays to be polite, but lets say they refuse, you can always take legal action afterwards.

Cheers!

well, this is so very common in clubsnap.

i guess if there are some kind lawyers here or maybe come up together to pay for a lawyer to draft out some standard letter.

then all can keep one copy of the letter and whipped out the letter from the comp when necessary.
just need to fill in the blank of the offending company and your own personal particulars.

i guess if there are some kind lawyers here or maybe come up together to pay for a lawyer to draft out some standard letter.

then all can keep one copy of the letter and whipped out the letter from the comp when necessary.
just need to fill in the blank of the offending company and your own personal particulars.

:bsmilie: that's a good idea :thumbsup:

then you will hear alot of "Prepare to receive my lawyer's letter" quotes.:bsmilie:

Thky everyone. decided not to do anything since it was used for charity works. cherios. :)

The least you could do was ask to be credited for the photo. If not they will be doing the same again the next time they run a campaign.

Thky everyone. decided not to do anything since it was used for charity works. cherios. :)

Does everyone at the charitable organisation and the agency in question work for nothing? That is, are they all volunteers?

I am all for helping charitable causes, and indeed if they ask usually they'll be told they can use something for no charge, but sometimes in situations like this I get the feeling "charity" becomes an escape clause for behaving irresponsibly or hiding behind not having to pay fair rates.

I could, of course, be well off the mark.

I really wonder if a "charity organisation" has the right of law to steal photographs.
And if you really allow them to pickpocket you.

And you allow that because it's just a photograph, and not a wallet?

Status
Not open for further replies.