Amd Vs Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry2308

Aug 30, 2005
Kembangan
I am thinking of upgraing my home PC but am contemplating whether i should upgrade Intel or AMD processors?

Is there any websites that shows the comparison of the two?The prices of AMD is much cheaper and was thinking to get the AMD 3800x2.Whats the equilavent of the AMD 3800x2 to intel?

Seriously speaking if you pair 1 and 1 together:

Intel (CPU expensive) + motherboard (relatively ok pricing)
AMD (CPU cheap) + motherboard (expensive)

It'll balance out depending on the motherboard model/specs. Maybe cheaper only by a small margin.

Performance wise now - Definitely the intel core 2 duo.

intel core2duo for me anytime... till amd comes out with a more efficient cpu that is better than core2duo.

its like canon vs nikon like this...

Not again...

Intel C2D for the win :eek:

Thanks for all advice.

So its not advisable to get AMD?

Can sombody tell me the difference between Intel Core 2 Duo and Intel Duo core?

Thanks for all advice.

So its not advisable to get AMD?

Can sombody tell me the difference between Intel Core 2 Duo and Intel Duo core?

its like one processor vs 2 processor thingy...

I see..If my current ram is DDR 333 and 266,can i use it on a board that supports DD400 ram?

its like one processor vs 2 processor thingy...
nope... it not like that.

Intel Duo core are basically the older generation CPU using the Netburst technology(D-series). The Core 2 duo(C2D), are using a newer tech (micro architecture).

the option to use AMD or Intel varies for many people.
example, if someone has invested in the DDR rams, maybe 4GB or so, a cheaper option for him/her will be to get a AMD s939 socket CPU ie, the X2 4400, 4600 4800 etc. this way, he can save on the ram and yet get a very decent performance on it.

For someone let say in the P3 era, having only SDRam, it more adviseable for him to upgrade to a Intel platform as in any way, he/she will need to purchase a new set of rams. *which account to abt 20-50% of a PC setup*.

In any cases, both camps offer very good performance anytime.

nope... it not like that.

Intel Duo core are basically the older generation CPU using the Netburst technology(D-series). The Core 2 duo(C2D), are using a newer tech (micro architecture).

the option to use AMD or Intel varies for many people.
example, if someone has invested in the DDR rams, maybe 4GB or so, a cheaper option for him/her will be to get a AMD s939 socket CPU ie, the X2 4400, 4600 4800 etc. this way, he can save on the ram and yet get a very decent performance on it.

For someone let say in the P3 era, having only SDRam, it more adviseable for him to upgrade to a Intel platform as in any way, he/she will need to purchase a new set of rams. *which account to abt 20-50% of a PC setup*.

In any cases, both camps offer very good performance anytime.

I tink he was referring to Core Duo.

The one before C2D was CD.

Intel Pentium D was a dual core upgrade of the P4 Netburst Architecture. Intel basically slap another core onto the chip and called it dual core.

Ok,if lets say i have a budget of $500 and wana get a board and a CPU and maybe 512mb ram.What can you guys recommend?

If you run only mainstream, popular, off-the-shelf software, then either CPU will be fine.

However, if you are thinking of going with AMD and if you have need to run any specialized software that isn't exactly "mass-market", then be sure to verify that it will run on AMD. I know quite a few people who got into problems because of incompatibilities.

_

I tink he was referring to Core Duo.

The one before C2D was CD.

Intel Pentium D was a dual core upgrade of the P4 Netburst Architecture. Intel basically slap another core onto the chip and called it dual core.
well, even coreDuo is a dual core chip... just that the performance is a little weaker than the newer core2duo.

Intel platform is hard to upgrade. They change platforms too often. If you want to consider stellar upgrading, AMD is the way to go now and future. :)

Wah..Some say AMD good,some say Intel better..Hmm,what should i buy..:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.