Amazing CS statistics .... WARNING: sense of humour required

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrelchia

Jul 22, 2003
Visit site
OK guys, I'm really bored, so here's some "interesting" stuff i noticed about the posting behaviour in CS .... please to take it with a pinch of salt. They are meant to be be funny and not taken seriously. :bsmilie:

*DISCLAIMER*
NO ITS NOT OFFICIAL STATISTICS ... THIS IS DONE PURELY IN THE NAME OF FUN, AND IS IN NO WAY REAL OR RELATED TO THE MODERATORS ...

1) One in every three threads will have "BUY BUY BUY" in it ...
2) Once every month (at least) some brave (benefit of doubt .. the other word i can think of would be foolish) canonite / nikonian will venture into the forbidden grounds and make some outragous statement that starts a flame war.
3) There is a secret competition between canonites and nikonians on how many people the can lure to the other side ... i dunno who's keeping score though .... :bsmilie:
4) 90% of the newbies who post photo for comments seldom get constructive comments
5) 90% of the portraits posted will have a comment "ooh .. pretty model" ...
6) Most portraiture critics have a unhealthy obession with neat hair ... "the model's have too messy" ... :p
7) Most canonites and nikonians who obsess about their expensive equipment seldom post their works ... (ok .. i admit, i made this one up ... )

anyone wanna contribute more?? again .. this is meant to be a fun exercise ... do take it with a pinch of salt

darrelchia said:
OK guys, I'm really bored, so here's some "interesting" stuff i noticed about the posting behaviour in CS .... please to take it with a pinch of salt. They are meant to be be funny and not taken seriously. :bsmilie:

*DISCLAIMER*
NO ITS NOT OFFICIAL STATISTICS ... THIS IS DONE PURELY IN THE NAME OF FUN, AND IS IN NO WAY REAL OR RELATED TO THE MODERATORS ...

2) Once every month (at least) some brave (benefit of doubt .. the other word i can think of would be foolish) canonite / nikonian will venture into the forbidden grounds and make some outragous statement that starts a flame war.
3) There is a secret competition between canonites and nikonians on how many people the can lure to the other side ... i dunno who's keeping score though .... :bsmilie:
4) 90% of the newbies who post photo for comments seldom get constructive comments
6) Most portraiture critics have a unhealthy obession with neat hair ... "the model's have too messy" ... :p
7) Most canonites and nikonians who obsess about their expensive equipment seldom post their works ... (ok .. i admit, i made this one up ... )

anyone wanna contribute more?? again .. this is meant to be a fun exercise ... do take it with a pinch of salt

8) At least once in 2 mths, some one will start such a list. :bsmilie:
9) Once in a month, or after some major product launch, some one will inevitably write in to groan/moan/bitch about being cheated/received lousy service by AP, MScolor, CP, TCW or any major camera shops (this list of shops are not arranged in order of merit of complaints). :devil:

10. Every now and then, someone will buy a new toy and instead of going out to get some great shots 1st, they come CS and say "HEY! I JUST BOUGHT A XXXXXX!!!!"

11) Everyone seems to think their equipment doesn't devaluate when they are selling ... but everyone else's depreciate at least 50% when they are interested to buy ... :blah:

12) Once a month, some one will start a thread "Sigma vs Tamron zoom lens", even tho there are hundreds of replies on this topic already.

11) Every now and then someone will ask what are these secret codewords:
- CP/AP/MS/John/Lords
- DOF/FLM/Bokeh/Trinity
- AFD/AFS/L/ED/VR/IS
- MRT/LRT/***/SDP/oops....

13) Everytime when someone starts an MO, inevitably another would say "I can get it cheaper".... without offering to tell the rest where or himself/herself doing the MO.

14) When the mods starts an MO, inevitably someone will question the warranty, complain abt the pricing, the availabilty of stock, why close MO so early/start so late... etc

15) At least once a month, some rep from a company will inevitably ask for free services among CSers.... :devil:

Consolidated the lists .... :p

3) There is a secret competition between canonites and nikonians on how many people the can lure to the other side ... i dunno who's keeping score though ....
8) At least once in 2 mths, some one will start such a list.
9) Once in a month, or after some major product launch, some one will inevitably write in to groan/moan/bitch about being cheated/received lousy service by AP, MScolor, CP, TCW or any major camera shops (this list of shops are not arranged in order of merit of complaints).
10) Every now and then, someone will buy a new toy and instead of going out to get some great shots 1st, they come CS and say "HEY! I JUST BOUGHT A XXXXXX!!!!"
11) Everyone seems to think their equipment doesn't devaluate when they are selling ... but everyone else's depreciate at least 50% when they are interested to buy ...
12) Once a month, some one will start a thread "Sigma vs Tamron zoom lens", even tho there are hundreds of replies on this topic already.
13) Every now and then someone will ask what are these secret codewords:
- CP/AP/MS/John/Lords
- DOF/FLM/Bokeh/Trinity
- AFD/AFS/L/ED/VR/IS
14) Everytime when someone starts an MO, inevitably another would say "I can get it cheaper".... without offering to tell the rest where or himself/herself doing the MO.
15) When the mods starts an MO, inevitably someone will question the warranty, complain abt the pricing, the availabilty of stock, why close MO so early/start so late... etc
16) At least once a month, some rep from a company will inevitably ask for free services among CSers....

17) Once a week, a new member will ask "how to post pictures here?", and then a very kind mod or admin will answer "u do this then this then this...."

18) Every 10 seconds, there is a new post added on the thread "Newbie Outings Chit Chat", it is now almost impossible to read thru the whole thread already.

20) Most popular question in B&S posted - "Is it still available?"..... even tho the thread mebbe 1 or 2 years ago... :bsmilie:

20) some people who complains that we should not shoot for free or even low pay but will accept free model shoot and free make-up.

22) Within a month from the launch of new DSLR, sightings of picture gallery posts saying "Pictures taken by XXX camera" are seen. >.<

24) Every 10 seconds, another post is added to the thread 'Sentosa Outing on 29/08/04 sunday', which I suspiciously think is competing with 'Newbie Outings Chit Chat' for the longest thread ever! :bsmilie:

25) Within 5 mins of a press release of a new DSLR, B&S will be flooded by people selling the previous model. :think:

Consolidated the lists .... :p

3) There is a secret competition between canonites and nikonians on how many people the can lure to the other side ... i dunno who's keeping score though ....
8) At least once in 2 mths, some one will start such a list.
9) Once in a month, or after some major product launch, some one will inevitably write in to groan/moan/bitch about being cheated/received lousy service by AP, MScolor, CP, TCW or any major camera shops (this list of shops are not arranged in order of merit of complaints).
10) Every now and then, someone will buy a new toy and instead of going out to get some great shots 1st, they come CS and say "HEY! I JUST BOUGHT A XXXXXX!!!!"
11) Everyone seems to think their equipment doesn't devaluate when they are selling ... but everyone else's depreciate at least 50% when they are interested to buy ...
13) Every now and then someone will ask what are these secret codewords:
- CP/AP/MS/John/Lords
- DOF/FLM/Bokeh/Trinity
- AFD/AFS/L/ED/VR/IS
14) Everytime when someone starts an MO, inevitably another would say "I can get it cheaper".... without offering to tell the rest where or himself/herself doing the MO.
15) When the mods starts an MO, inevitably someone will question the warranty, complain abt the pricing, the availabilty of stock, why close MO so early/start so late... etc
16) At least once a month, some rep from a company will inevitably ask for free services among CSers....
17) Once a week, a new member will ask "how to post pictures here?", and then a very kind mod or admin will answer "u do this then this then this...."
18) Every 10 seconds, there is a new post added on the thread "Newbie Outings Chit Chat", it is now almost impossible to read thru the whole thread already.
19) At anytime of the day, 80% or more pple are browsing the "Buy and Sell" Section.
20) Most popular question in B&S posted - "Is it still available?"..... even tho the thread mebbe 1 or 2 years ago...
21) Within a month from the launch of new DSLR, sightings of picture gallery posts saying "Pictures taken by XXX camera" are seen. >.<
22) Within a day of a DSLR launch, the camera is found WTS in Buy & Sell
23) Every 10 seconds, another post is added to the thread 'Sentosa Outing on 29/08/04 sunday', which I suspiciously think is competing with 'Newbie Outings Chit Chat' for the longest thread ever!
24) Within 5 mins of a press release of a new DSLR, B&S will be flooded by people selling the previous model.
25) Every Weekend, theres at least 1 model shoot.... :D
26) Some Couple will pop by here once every 2 months to look for "PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER" for their wedding... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.