amatuer try 5 - today's soup =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
My wife cooked water cress soup for dinner yesterday =)

Think color still got reddy cast leh :cry:

watercresssoup.jpg

You use chopsticks to drink soup? :bigeyes: D2X Idol rox! :lovegrin:

heh.. not sure about the reddy cast... but that just looks really, really unappetising...
perhaps something to try would be a shot with more elevation in it... so you dont see so much of the oily soup... and perhaps try and work with less light/ flash.

then again, nothing against your skill.... i think its just that it would take some genius to make a picture watercress soup look remotely good.

jdredd said:
heh.. not sure about the reddy cast... but that just looks really, really unappetising...
perhaps something to try would be a shot with more elevation in it... so you dont see so much of the oily soup... and perhaps try and work with less light/ flash.

then again, nothing against your skill.... i think its just that it would take some genius to make a picture watercress soup look remotely good.

No problem. As my title says, I am a newbie :cool:

more elevation? Meaning shoot from higher angle?

less light bcos of the shiny tiny portions right?

For sure if I were to see this pic used at a stall, I prob won't wanna order it. Seems like leftovers :p Also the chopsticks shouldn't be there at all.

Paul_Yeo said:
No problem. As my title says, I am a newbie :cool:

more elevation? Meaning shoot from higher angle?

less light bcos of the shiny tiny portions right?

sorry i meant elevation from an architectural perspective... right now, you are shooting it looking down, i mean try shooting from a more horizontal perspective,

put the berry thingies at the top of the mound of watercress... and some wellchosen pieces of pork... and dim the lighting a little.

jdredd said:
sorry i meant elevation from an architectural perspective... right now, you are shooting it looking down, i mean try shooting from a more horizontal perspective,

put the berry thingies at the top of the mound of watercress... and some wellchosen pieces of pork... and dim the lighting a little.

Oh I see. I need to use my brain more to place the items nicely :cool:

will try again when wife cooks again. Hee. Got unlimited supply of food subjects to practice :angel:

:thumbsup: pro... nvm know water cress soup can look so good

ndroo said:
For sure if I were to see this pic used at a stall, I prob won't wanna order it. Seems like leftovers :p Also the chopsticks shouldn't be there at all.

I completely agree with this comment...:) IF the way the food is pictured does not even remotely entice the viewer then its pretty much useless

Take away some of the watercrest (think its too much) and make the soup clearer by diluting it it water. May not taste as good after that but would look better maybe :D

kirschrot said:
I completely agree with this comment...:) IF the way the food is pictured does not even remotely entice the viewer then its pretty much useless

I think the highest stage of food photography is: even if the viewer hate that type of food, but after viewing, he wants to eat!

Eg, if I hate to eat fish, but when I see a fish dish taken by some expert, it is so well taken and makes me wanting to eat fish!...

dunno if I am making sense :confused:

seankyh said:
Take away some of the watercrest (think its too much) and make the soup clearer by diluting it it water. May not taste as good after that but would look better maybe :D

Ok! Hee.

But I want to drink the soup one later leh. :bsmilie:

mY food photography is all the food for my dinner. hee hee.

no inedible styling material one

Paul_Yeo said:
I think the highest stage of food photography is: even if the viewer hate that type of food, but after viewing, he wants to eat!

Eg, if I hate to eat fish, but when I see a fish dish taken by some expert, it is so well taken and makes me wanting to eat fish!...

dunno if I am making sense :confused:
true.
the main essence of food photography is to make the food looks appealing and viewers who viewed it, want to eat it.

Maybe can get your wife to try this:

To make the soup less cloudy & clearer, briefly boil the pork ribs in hot water. Then pour away water & transfer the meat to the pot where you boil the watercress & red dates.

Use a nicer bowl & not too much watercress... arrange them nicely & shoot :)
After that eat it & you'll find that you just had the best soup ever! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.