Am I the first owner of a Clik Elite bag in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpix0r

Oct 2, 2002
West
HKhoots01.JPG

http://www.clikelite.com/shop/new/medium-nature/

Long story short, I bought this while I was in Hong Kong, and used it extensively while I was hiking there. Currently there's no distro with stock in Asia at the moment, so I guess I'm quite lucky. Paid around 320 for it, and it was worth every single cent. It has some minor flaws, but for now it is probably the best hiking photography bag.

Anyone got any questions? Don't really know how to put up a review, so I think consolidating questions would be much more detailed.

showing the inside would be good with the gears all packed in?

It has some minor flaws, but for now it is probably the best hiking photography bag.

Anyone got any questions? Don't really know how to put up a review, so I think consolidating questions would be much more detailed.

Why is this the best hiking bag for you? What minor flaws does it have?

HKhoots01.JPG

http://www.clikelite.com/shop/new/medium-nature/

Long story short, I bought this while I was in Hong Kong, and used it extensively while I was hiking there. Currently there's no distro with stock in Asia at the moment, so I guess I'm quite lucky. Paid around 320 for it, and it was worth every single cent. It has some minor flaws, but for now it is probably the best hiking photography bag.

woah, looks like any hiking bag

goodd disguise, how's the cushioning:)

Judging from the oily surface, did it last at least 5 years and you never washed? ;)

Judging from the oily surface, did it last at least 5 years and you never washed? ;)

It's not oily? Which part looks oily?

Why is this the best hiking bag for you? What minor flaws does it have?

The ability to put everything into one bag. This includes a hydration reservoir, a very well padded waist strap, and even straps at the bottom to maybe put a sleeping bag. The best part is the step system, so you can adjust the bag to your height for maximum comfort. The minor flaws I can list after using it:

1) Needs a bigger pocket for bigger reservoirs, only MSR ones fit so far
2) Side pocket needs to be a bit bigger for bigger tripods, and also needs a top strap for tripod, but then again, I prefer to use the side pocket to carry more water, and strap the

woah, looks like any hiking bag

goodd disguise, how's the cushioning:)

Very good for cameras. I like it a lot, even after falling down before, the good protection offered by the bag is very obvious.

showing the inside would be good with the gears all packed in?

Ooops, forgot yours. You can see the review video from Headshotz. I can fit a D90 w/o grip, with a 18-200, 11-16 and a 50mm 1.4 all into the bottom compartment. :lovegrin:

Hi Vulpix0r,

You bought from which store in Hong Kong?
I don't understand what is mean by "no distro with stock in Asia"? The shop person told you about this?

Hi Vulpix0r,

You bought from which store in Hong Kong?
I don't understand what is mean by "no distro with stock in Asia"? The shop person told you about this?

Well, this product is relatively new. This was confirmed by America's side of Clik Elite. Manda HK, the distributor for HK side I got this from also had 2 pieces only, so no shop had it stocked. Only after contacting Clik-Elite in America, I managed to find out.

Those look good! How is the access to the camera compartment? From the looks of things, you still need to remove the pack completely to access it right?

Those look good! How is the access to the camera compartment? From the looks of things, you still need to remove the pack completely to access it right?

Nope. The bottom is a dedicated camera compartment. The video shows greater details. :lovegrin:

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear. I meant that to get to your camera, you need to take off the backpack, put it somewhere to unzip the camera section. Or does it come with a quick access slot like the Lowepro Fastpacks?

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear. I meant that to get to your camera, you need to take off the backpack, put it somewhere to unzip the camera section. Or does it come with a quick access slot like the Lowepro Fastpacks?

Nope, no quick access. There is some compromises for such a bag, so I doubt it was possible to somehow add a quick access compartment without sacrificing other functions. When I go hiking, it's either I have my camera out the whole time, or keep it back to climb when I feel conditions a bit too dangerous for my camera to be hanging around.:dunno:

Wah quite ex leh..US$230+?..hmm..:think:

Wah quite ex leh..US$230+?..hmm..:think:

Well, I have yet to see any photography hiking bag with a dedicated pouch for a reservoir, so I feel it's worth the price. It's sturdy, comes with a raincover, and looks great. No complaints on the price after I've used it.

Hmmm... a dedicated pouch for a reservoir?? Wonder if it ever gives way. Swiming camera?

Hmmm... a dedicated pouch for a reservoir?? Wonder if it ever gives way. Swiming camera?

Well, the pouch holding the reservoir is separated via a pouch. I believe it should be pretty safe as well since the top compartment is isolated from the camera compartment.

*sour grapes*

SHOW OFF!

*sour grapes*

seriously this has always been what I'm looking for. a backpack style camera bag that allows me to put a reservoir/bladder in it without any concerns of it occupying the same place as my cameras.

think I may have to buy it online. oh well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.